Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 95 325is. Oscillating mpg gauge with hesitation to match.

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    A coolant leak won't, or shouldn't make any difference in performance if the head gasket is sealed properly and there isn't a air bubble at the coolant temp sensor location.

My Cars
    94, 318i W/M50TUB25
    Quote Originally Posted by snow663 View Post
    Okay I ordered the TinyADS from openlabs. 3 day priority but it will probably be 5 days cause of the weekend. This .zip file, what does it do and why do I need it for DME 3.3.1? Is it a patch or something? I'll have to boot up the old guy and see what version of inpa I have installed. Maybe do some searching on the forums about INPA I was unsuccessful at getting it to work with my last car. But it coulda just been me. Now I can thank that old turd for educating me enough to fix this one right!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    I have my tiny ads, first shipment got lost. Got the plug pinned in and the PC booted up. Inpa v3.01, has the options for my car and I get the error DM331k20 not found, control unit found, application will be stopped. I assume these are the files you're talking about?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    For a 94 325 search mistreku.zip
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

My Cars
    94, 318i W/M50TUB25
    Quote Originally Posted by E36328Coupe View Post
    For a 94 325 search mistreku.zip
    I found 3 different links. The same one posted 10 times. But they're all dead. These links are years old like almost 10 years old.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    Quote Originally Posted by snow663 View Post
    I found 3 different links. The same one posted 10 times. But they're all dead. These links are years old like almost 10 years old.

I don't think you tried that hard
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...585&styleid=51
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

My Cars
    E34 525 1990 5HP18
    Hi, some thoughts.

You clearly have several issues going on here at the same time. That greatly complicates proper diagnosis.

You had this problem for a year on your old car and could not solve it there and here. You have not become an expert in this issue.

That's fine, neither am I and I still get by with a little help from my friend, who advised 'do it one by one brainlessly'. He meant, don't over analyse and become paralyzed.

You didn't design this engine and so you probably don't know how to observe and interprete nuances. You have multiple problems going on. Over analysis confuses rather than clarifies. Probably the same issue on your first car that did not get fixed.

So first, please change out that O2 sensor. You clearly need to, it is difficult, so please do it first before anything else.

Change the fuel filter as well. Replace the $15 coolant temperature sensor on the head. 20 year old sensors are known to be suspect and it's so cheap and too important to good running on the engine. Same with 20 year old rad caps. Remove and clean out your oil separator (m52). Ensure there are no blockages in the air box intake port and that the filter is good.

If you still have this problem, take heart you have not wasted your time and money on the above they needed doing I mean come on an original filter?

Rig up a small cheap smoke test kit and check the engine for vacuum leaks. The internet will show you how to do it for $10.

Drive the car for a few more days. Then it will hit you, out of the blue. It might be as dumb as spark plugs or a wonky coil (check resistance when both cold and hor according to the manual) Be open to it. You will know what to tackle next. Tackle the next issue. And the next. And so on patiently until all is good.

Basically take the tortoise not the hare approach to this issue and you will soon permanently fix what has stumped you for more than a year and over two cars.

P. S . If the o2 sensor is beyond your skills and equipment level now, better to pay a mobile mechanic to do the job prices more reasonable. Oem O2 sensors last 80-100k. So it's basically a one time expense. Bite the bullet if you have to.
    Last edited by alang1990; 10-20-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12