Thread: new-bee

My Cars
    1999 Z3 M

new-bee

Hi all, New-bee to the forum. AJ from Littleton Co. I have a 1999 Z3 "M" Roadster, 26K mi,Tripple Black. Has anyone used United Auto Security. I ordered an alarm system 2 months ago. Paid for. I have left voice mails and e mails weekly and have not heard back from them. I realize i probably got screwed out of my $331.90 but they had a A+ rating with the BBB. Logged a complaint but they cant help me. Thought someone out there might have some info on them. If nothing else maybe i can save someone else.......buyer beware.

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    I know it's hindsight, but good BBB ratings mean little. Usually all that means is that they have not heard of them. ..... United is an Amazon supplier. If you bought through Amazon you may have some recourse through them. (I hate to plug Amazon, since they are now the worst example of centralization of wealth) ....... Congratulations on the car. You will save far more than $331.90 by reading on this site.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by zellamay View Post
    I know it's hindsight, but good BBB ratings mean little. Usually all that means is that they have not heard of them. ..... United is an Amazon supplier. If you bought through Amazon you may have some recourse through them. (I hate to plug Amazon, since they are now the worst example of centralization of wealth) ....... Congratulations on the car. You will save far more than $331.90 by reading on this site.
    Savings will be minuscule comparing to all the goodies you would want to get for your new hobby. Welcome to the forum and an ownership of a fine machinery!
    Last edited by DimrBimmer; 09-17-2018 at 07:44 PM.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 M
    Thanks guys, its nice to feel welcome. Already buying lots of goodies. It was all original and I dont want to take away from that. Replaced the speakers, added the front engine brace and rear brace (for good measure). It even came with the original hard top. I have had it for 4 months and love it. This forum is great and the knowledge on here is fantastic.

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by AHauck View Post
    Thanks guys, its nice to feel welcome. Already buying lots of goodies. It was all original and I dont want to take away from that. Replaced the speakers, added the front engine brace and rear brace (for good measure). It even came with the original hard top. I have had it for 4 months and love it. This forum is great and the knowledge on here is fantastic.
    There was a thread recently on the basic things to do upon new ownership. AT 26k, you won't need to do much. Search and ask first. I could have saved money many times by asking first. In reading here you will discover that the rear brace has little value and the poly sub-frame bushings are a must-have, as soon as you can, imo. From my experience I'll add that really good tires are well worth the money. I bought the Conti extreme sport.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Hi all, New-bee to the forum. AJ from Littleton Co. I have a 1999 Z3 "M" Roadster, 26K mi,Tripple Black. Has anyone used United Auto Security. I ordered an alarm system 2 months ago. Paid for. I have left voice mails and e mails weekly and have not heard back from them. I realize i probably got screwed out of my $331.90 but they had a A+ rating with the BBB. Logged a complaint but they cant help me. Thought someone out there might have some info on them. If nothing else maybe i can save someone else.......buyer beware.
    I ordered from them this summer and received my order just fine, they were at a trade show and the order was late, but they threw in a free sensor.

Maybe email is a better route? I had good luck with that. Product quality seems great, no complaints here.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 M
    Sub frame bushings are on my list for this winter and tires are on my list for next year. I will look into the Conti tires. My tread is good but they are 11 yrs old so its on the list. TommyMaddox - I have sent e-mails almost weekly along with voice mails. Not sure what is going on with them. Is there a brand name on the system you got or is it a United Auto exclusive kit.

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    Sub frame bushings are on my list for this winter and tires are on my list for next year. I will look into the Conti tires. My tread is good but they are 11 yrs old so its on the list.
    Drive carefully until you get new tires. I know, it's hard to do with these cars. We buy them to play with. I bought mine with BFG, supposedly good tires, but old like yours. In a light rain, I crashed my car, luckily a small crash. I'm sure it would not have happened with the new Contis. On dry pavement, the back end would slide all the time around corners. That stopped with new tires.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 02 Z3 2.5
    +1 in new tires now, even before subframe bushings. It’s hard to throw away tires that look good. It’s harder to throw away a car that used to look good.
    1999 M Coupe Boston Green, Beige, H&R/Bilsteins, Underdrive Pulleys, Euro 6 speed, UUC SSK and Randy Forbes in the back
    2002 2.5 Z3 roadster Oxford Green, auto, all stock
    2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually 385 HP, 850 ft lbs torque at 1600 rpm, all stock and staying that way
    2004 Mini Cooper Chili Red, daily driver, modified almost daily

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Hello from Denver!
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    Rubber is affected by age not just mileage. At 20 years old, I would replace the rear trailing arm bushings while are you are doing the subframe. I would also plan on replacing the front control arm bushings and definitely check the steering flex disc.

This is assuming you want the car to be as tight as it was when new.

My Cars
    1999 BMW MZ3 Roadster
    Welcome! I just did plugs on my car which has 87k. I'm sure previous owner did them as well. They looked great so I bet your car is almost like new at 26k. I'm jealous!

newbie..

welcome.....u will love it here.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9
    Hi, AHauck new here today myself.
    A little bit about myself.
    DS from Aylesbury bucks UK.
    Always had cars as transport tools, until a recent purchase on Ebay (yes that place) a 20 year old 72K z3 1.9!!
    Of course lots of work to do...
    so far since i have brought it in 3 weeks 5 new tyres (think all were best part of 10+ years old as car was stood for atleast 5 years),
    new all bottom ball joints control arms etc.
    This weekend new front breaks, disks, and shocks!!
    sorry also forgot rear brake pipes.
    a (soon to be ex-) friend pulled off passenger door pull!!!
    That's a £136.00 hello right there.

yes after that got rear springs and all bushes to be done.
    so £1030.00 for the car another £1000.00 parts and labour and recovery for 2 tyres down
    but loving it
    the bodywork is perfect not a dent scratch or blemish the leather 72K old but otherwise very good best of all
    I had the engine checked by BWM they claim its as new :P
    Next stop to fit the vented disks (typical new beem owner gets stung as claims of disks fit this car are true but only if you have uprated callipers lol)
    Did take it out 2 days ago as it was sunny got the roof down and loved every second of it.
    Was it worth it?
    I could have brought a same age car for the money with the problems i am fixing, fixed.
    But I KNOW they are fixed and each bit is clearly new.
    Back to the drive worth every penny
    and looking forward to how it improves as each little weakness is fixed.
    Hope you enjoy your new beem as much as i am starting to enjoy mine.
    who knew a car could be a tool and fun too

My Cars
    1999 Z3 M
    Yep,age ruins the rubber. I will be replacing stuff because its old,before i have issues. Im not having issues with the tires but the age thing has me worried. Dont want to find out one is bad the hard way.Car seams as tight as new but........poly bushings are on the list. It is great getting all this advice. Im glad im pretty much on track. I have been reading stuff on here for 3 months. lol