BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2006 530i RWD 6MT - For Sale

2006 530i RWD 6MT - For Sale

2006 E60 - BMW 530i 6MT – Well Documented

Up for sale is my 2006 530i. - $4800 It is highly optioned. It is Monaco Blue with Auburn Dakota leather and black trim, carpet. Comfort front seats. Fold down rear seats with pass through. HUD, Lumar Ceramic tint, TSW Bathhurst Gunmetal wheels mounted on Michelin Pilot AS3’s with low miles. Included will be my records/receipts, previous owner’s records prior to me and all the way back to new. VIN decoding listed below as well. I will also include an Excel spreadsheet of the coding that I have done to this car as well as the Autocheck and CarFax reports I pulled when I decided to buy this car. I’m the third owner. Clear Indiana title. Florida car it’s entire life (up to when I bought it in February 2018), no rust.

In the Autocheck report, it shows an accident in 2008, but shows there was no damage reported and I have every reason to believe this as accurate and have experienced no issues in drivability or alignment.

Mileage: 1484xx – will continue to go up a little.

· Engine/Trans/Drive-line
    Maintenance Done
    - New Oil filter housing gasket and bolts
    - New Oil cooler gasket and bolts
    - New oil filler cap and new gasket
    - New upper radiator hose
    - New coolant hose from cylinder head down to T-stat
    - New Belt Tensioner/Idler and Idler bolt/New belt
    - New air filter and cabin filters- New crankshaft position sensor
    - New Fuel tank vent valve with pipe
    - New spark plugs
    - New O2 sensor Bank 2, Sensor 1
    - New O2 sensor Bank 1, Sensor 2
    - New Fuel supply line from injector rail to main line that comes into the engine bay
    EDIT: - These repairs completed in week of 10-1-18
    - New water pump, new thermostat, new hose connecting both the new pump and thermostat - Water pump was throwing 2E83 Error code, running at 76% limited power, ERROR CLEARED after replacement
    - New rubber hose that goes from the metal pipe off the engine block to water pump with new clamps
    - New lower radiator hose with new coolant sensor
    - New small DISA valve
    - Large DISA valve rebuilt with an aluminum kit by Ukarauto
    - Shifter rebuilt with ECS Shifter Rebuild kit

What I know it needs yet
    - Valve cover gasket
    - DONE AND CODES CLEARED DISA Valves could use a rebuild (Throwing error codes (on both) 2AA8, 2AA9, P1511 DISA Valve Control Circuit Electrical – including aluminum rebuild kits
    - Oil change in about 3k miles – my interval is every 7-8k miles
    - DONE Shifter has a “sloppy” feel to it, shifts and drives fine, I just prefer the shifter handle to be “tighter” – I ordered the ECS upgraded kit to replace all wear items in the shifter. Will include the kit with sale.

Fluid Changes
    - Transmission fluid changed - Redline MT-85, fill and drain plugs were replaced with new
    - Rear Diff fluid change - Redline 75W90, fill plug was changed as well
    - Power steering fluid change – 2 liters of Pentosin CHF-11S
    - Brake system/Clutch Slave Cylinder flush - Pentosin Super DOT 4 brake fluid flush
    - Mobil 1 5W-30 oil change with Mann Filter - Due in about 3k miles
    - EDIT - Coolant was changed out with water pump and t-stat replacement

· Suspension/Brakes
    Maintenance done
    - New Koni FSD/Eibach kit from BavAuto installed. Purchased all new hardware (nuts and bolts), spring seats, bearing plates, bearing seals. Everything was new when these assemblies went in. About 5k miles since install. Amazing ride.
    - New Rear upper control arms, also replaced lock-nuts (arms closest to rear of car)
    - New Front Control arms, also replaced lock-nuts
    - New Front thrust arms, also replaced lock-nuts
    - New Front swaybar links to spindles- Alignment done recently

· Interior
    - ZHP Shift knob
    - Sure Hi-Fi Bluetooth card – car now has Bluetooth wireless audio, can stream audio from your phone, Spotify, Waze, Pandora, Apple Music, Podcasts, etc…
    - Bluetooth Telephone coded into TCUM to work with iPhone 8 and up – Coded per Roskinc’s tutorial
    - Newer set of black BMW all weather mats
    - Trunk mat
    - AC is icy cold. Previous owner had a new AC compressor installed. Heat is nice and warm.
    What it needs
    - Sunroof has issues
    - Sunroof does open, but has issues when closing from full open. It hits a limit or something as its closing and bounces back (like it hits a limit switch) and stops about a quarter of the way from fully closed. You have to manipulate the sunroof open/close switch to get it to shut all the way. It does “vent”, but when it shuts after venting, something loud pops, like something is sticking somewhere, but it does shut properly. This needs troubleshot further. I’ve just left it closed most of the time
    - I think the headliner could stand to be replaced at some point, but isn’t hanging down to where you can really notice it is sagging.
    - The driver seat has a seam that has split where the lumbar pillow expands
    - Clutch pedal bushings squeak when really warm outside, like around 80 degrees and up. With AC on for a while, it goes away. It’s the bushings at the top of the pedal. Bought new bushings, haven’t installed them yet. These will be included with the sale.

· Body/Paint/Lights
    What’s been done
    - Black kidney grills
    - Replaced missing right front jack pad
    - Lens corrected right front headlight
    - Installed/Coded LM2 to car for “Welcome Lights” – options also show up in the CCC
    What it needs
    - Clear coat on hood and trunk need to be wet-sanded/polished, roof needs a respray of clear coat – bought it this way. My thought was to get the hood and trunk wet-sanded and polished and do a vinyl wrap on the roof in gun-metal color
    - Right headlight is suffering from flaking insulation on the wiring still functions as it should, Left headlight was replaced by previous owner.
    - Power mirrors quit working – don’t really know why. They are in the position that works for me.

· Tires/Wheels
    - Mounted on the car is 18” ET20 TSW Bathhurst in gunmetal, these are very lightweight wheels. There is minor curb rash on 3 of them.
    - Michelin Pilot Sport AS3’s with about 12k-15k miles on them
    - McGard wheel locks/key included

Included in sale - in addition to the car
    - Bentley Manual set for E60/61
    - Clear Indiana title
    - Any maintenance parts/fluids that I have specifically to BMW and this car
    - All maintenance records, mine, and from the previous two owners
    - Small flash drive with Excel spreadsheets of coding changes that have been done, maintenance of what's been done
    - Receipts of parts/repairs I've purchased - most if not all parts were purchased at FCPEuro or BavAuto and ECS Tuning
    - OBDII Data cable
    - 3 Black carpet mats – Included in sale (missing driver mat, PO lost it)
    - DTC Unit with buttons for heated seats
    - Seat control modules specifically for heated seats – was planning to mod this car with heated seats
    - BMW Sun windshield screen
    - Chrome/black stock kidney grills - came off my long gone 2007
    - LM1 light module - original to the car
    - Original BMW Style 123 wheels - Came on the car - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

-What's not included, the license plate frame nor the license plate

· VIN Decoding /Option Packages
    - VIN: WBANE73566B996289
    - Type Code NE73
    - E Series E60 ()
    - Series 5- Type LIM- Model 530I (USA)
    - Steering LL
    - Doors 4
    - Engine N52
    - Displacement 3.00
    - Power 190
    - Drive HECK
    - Transmission MECH
    - Colour MONACOBLAU METALLIC (A35)
    - Upholstery LEDER DAKOTA/ROTORANGE(LCRK)
    - Prod. Date 2005-09-02

· Option Packages
    - S217A Active steering
    - S226A Sports suspension settings
    - S229A Dynamic Drive
    - S300A Emergency spare wheel
    - S302A Alarm system
    - S319A Integrated universal remote control
    - S339A Shadow-Line
    - S403A Glass roof, electrical
    - S428A Warning triangle and first aid kit
    - S430A Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
    - S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip
    - S438A Fine wood trim
    - S441A Smoker package
    - S442A Cup holder
    - S456A Comfort seat with memory
    - S465A Through-loading system
    - S473A Armrest front
    - S522A Xenon Light
    - S524A Adaptive Headlights
    - S534A Automatic air conditioning
    - S540A Cruise control
    - S563A Light package
    - S590A BMW LA wheel, star spoke 123
    - S609A Navigation system Professional
    - S610A Head-up display
    - S620A Voice control
    - S639A Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA/CDN
    - S645A BMW US Radio
    - S672A CD changer for 6 CDs
    - S677A HiFi System Professional DSP
    - S693A Preparation BMW satellite radio
    - S697A Area-Code 1 for DVD
    - S785A White direction indicator lights
    - S823A Hot-climate version
    - S845A Acoustic belt warning
    - S850A Dummy-SALAPA
    - S853A Language version English
    - S876A Radio frequency 315 MHz
    - S8SPA Control unit COP
    - S992A Control of number-plate attachment
    - S9AAA Outer skin protection

This is as complete of a current status of this car as I know, in terms of what’s been fixed and what is still outstanding.

Given all this, here is the price as it sits, OR BEST OFFER, with no warranty expressed or implied.
    · Price: $4800 for car as it is listed here, additional maintenance parts, and TSW wheels.
    - Car is located in Fort Wayne, IN

(EDIT: I lowered the price based off of some research I've done and realized I had it priced too high for the true condition of the car. I've removed the headlights from the sale of this car, just given the amount of work it could be for someone, but definitely would be willing to discuss with a potential buyer (if they wanted the lights, what is involved in the installation of them, and what is needed in the repair of them))

If Interested, let me know, PM me for any details or additional pictures. Thanks! On to the pics!

Angel Eyes as DRL's

(EDIT 10-7-18 - Had some paint correction done, it brought some new life to the paint, but still needs some work to be even better. The INDY that did the work, can complete it for an additional $100. If interested or want to know more information, let me know. Added some pictures of paint correction on trunk lid.)
    BEFORE:

AFTER - still needs some work to be perfect, but it is a HUGE improvement from what it was.

Last edited by mboat; 10-07-2018 at 02:32 PM.

(EDIT: I lowered the price based off of some research I've done and realized I had it priced too high for the true condition of the car. I've removed the headlights from the sale of this car, just given the amount of work it could be for someone, but definitely would be willing to discuss with a potential buyer (if they wanted the lights, what is involved in the installation of them, and what is needed in the repair of them))

TTT... Still for sale and available. Lowered price. I am somewhat negotiable on price. Let me know.

To the top!

This week's update:

EDIT: - These repairs completed in week of 10-1-18
    - New water pump, new thermostat, new hose connecting both the new pump and thermostat
    - Water pump was throwing 2E83 Error code, running at 76% limited power, ERROR CLEARED after replacement
    - New rubber hose that goes from the metal pipe off the engine block to water pump with new clamps
    - New lower radiator hose with new coolant sensor
    - New small DISA valve
    - Large DISA valve rebuilt with an aluminum kit by Ukarauto
    - Shifter rebuilt with ECS Shifter Rebuild kit
    What I know it needs yet
    - Valve cover gasket
    - DONE AND CODES CLEARED DISA Valves could use a rebuild (Throwing error codes (on both) 2AA8, 2AA9, P1511 DISA Valve Control Circuit Electrical – including aluminum rebuild kits
    - Oil change in about 3k miles – my interval is every 7-8k miles

- DONE Shifter has a “sloppy” feel to it, shifts and drives fine, I just prefer the shifter handle to be “tighter” – I ordered the ECS upgraded kit to replace all wear items in the shifter. Will include the kit with sale.

Fluid Changes
    - Transmission fluid changed - Redline MT-85, fill and drain plugs were replaced with new
    - Rear Diff fluid change - Redline 75W90, fill plug was changed as well
    - Power steering fluid change – 2 liters of Pentosin CHF-11S

- Brake system/Clutch Slave Cylinder flush - Pentosin Super DOT 4 brake fluid flush
    - Mobil 1 5W-30 oil change with Mann Filter - Due in about 3k miles
    - EDIT - Coolant was changed out with water pump and t-stat replacement

- Original BMW Style 123 wheels - Came on the car - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

(EDIT 10-7-18 - Had some paint correction done, it brought some new life to the paint, but still needs some work to be even better. The INDY that did the work, can complete it for an additional $100. If interested or want to know more information, let me know. Added some pictures of paint correction on trunk lid.)
    BEFORE:

AFTER - still needs some work to be perfect, but it is a HUGE improvement from what it was.

SOLD!! No longer available.