Thread: E90 328Xi 2B3A DMTL System Fault HELP!

My Cars
    '04 325i

E90 328Xi 2B3A DMTL System Fault HELP!

I’m doing a bit of maintenance on a family member’s E90 2011 328Xi xDrive this weekend. Doing some standard maintenance like oil and filter, cabin air filter, checking pads, and checking/topping off fluids.
    She recently had a fault code 2B3A show up with a “Service Engine Soon” light on the cluster. The description of the fault shows “DMTL, system fault”. I have a Launch scanner and that’s about as specific as it would get on differentiating the cause. I’ve found posts and videos where some E90 owners say this fault is related to a DMTL pump and other owners say it’s due to a Cylinder 6 misfire. Can anyone clarify the cause? Anyone have experience fixing the cause of this code? I’m debating changing out some of the ignition components of cylinder 6 with another cylinder to see if it kicks off a different fault instead. I don’t really feel any vibrations or misfires when driving or idling. I’ve cleared the fault but it continues to come back shortly after.
    If this is truly the DMTL pump, that seems to be a reasonably easy fix as well. Trying to avoid paying the stealer $125 to hook up their diagnostic computer or the local Indy $90 to hook up their’s.

My Cars
    You need a new DMTL pump. Simple as that.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician