Thread: Wanting to change front and rear bumper of my Zeemax widebody Kit. Will it fit?

My Cars
    1990 535i Turbo Widebody

Wanting to change front and rear bumper of my Zeemax widebody Kit. Will it fit?

Hey guys, I have a 1990 535i Turbo with a widebody zeemax kit.. now the car has been sitting in the garage due to needing repairs.. But I am about to start getting it back up and running. My question is about the Zeemax kit, as you have seen probably the front and rear bumpers just don't look period correct, and they look very japanese.. not my style at all (previous owners idea) What I wanna know is if I can make it look more like a stock E30 M3, keep all the widebody panels, and replace the front and rear bumpers with stock, and add on top of that the AC Schnitzer lip, that would give it the perfect OEM look from 1991. What do u think? this would be perfect I reckon. My question is, will the bumpers line up with the contours of the widebody flares?? or not? is there any way to know ahead of time? I can post some pics of the car, if anyone is unfamiliar with the zeemax kit.
    Last edited by E34DinanZeemax; 08-18-2019 at 07:02 AM.

My Cars
    e34 525, s52 1993skyline
    we prolly need pics to understand the degree of the widebody on your car.

My Cars
    E30/E32/F25
    Im not sure about any of that but it sounds just awful
    Me E30 87/ 325i + F25 12/ M-Sport + E32 94/ 740i

G/F’s E34 92/ 525iT + F48 18/ X1

My Cars
    '91 525i (5sp)
    Fit shouldn't be so off, as the crease between fenders and bumpers is very well defined on the E34 (unlike most modern cars); either way, I don't think you'll ever know until you try it, as it is a very specific question...

My Cars
    various
    This is a question that can only be answered with pictures and Photoshop.

Then you will get an unending stream of opinions from people aged 16 to 65. Not all of them "supportive".

In the end you are the best judge of your own style.

My Cars
    1990 535i Turbo Widebody

Like I said, I know it doesn't look good, this is why I wanna change it, and get some input from you educated board members. I find this current zeemax front bumper quite distasteful, something out of fast and the furious, or on a honda civic. Also, the previous owner cut out a rectangle to allow more air to enter the intercooler, which also makes it look bad. Wheels will be changed as well. not a lot of choices for Period Correct widebody wheels (rears must be at least 18X11) Either the MK Motorsports, Speedline Alessio, maybe Hamann? or AC Schnitzer?

So I'm think to do the stock bumper, plus the AC Schnitzer style lip. You have to have the stock bumper right? then attach the AC Schnitzer front lip? So I will need those 2 pieces. Also, not a big fan of the Uni-Kidney lol. but that's an easy fix. I'll remove those eyebrows. So my main question is, how will the AC Schnitzer front line up with the widebody fenders? Again, I'm trying to make it look as period-correct as possible. If someone has some photoshop skills will be appreciated to see what it looks like with the AC Schnitzer front.

Also thinking to the replace the rear bumper, and delete one of the exhausts. Also remove the wing, a little too bulky looking. I'm really liking the Racing Dynamics rear bumper, and how it encloses the exhaust tips, and looks very clean, but it will be difficult to find I reckon.

Racing DYnamics rear bumper

If anyone has any other positive would like to hear.

My Cars
    1990 535i Turbo Widebody
    Did you get the pics? I keep posting on this forum, but the posts keep disappearing. Am I doing something against the rules?

My Cars
    various
    Pics are showing.

I agree with your approach. I just wonder whether the stock (or any other front and rear bumpers) will be wide enough to match the wide body sides. Is it only the wheel arches that are extended? I would measure the width of a stock bumper to ensure you won't have your wide body sides overhang the bumpers.

I kinda like the wide body sides but agree the front and rear are too ricey.

My Cars
    e34 525, s52 1993skyline
    You can get a stock front bumper for about 100 bucks on ebay (I think thats where I got mine) brand new. I recommend the AC Schnitzer rear lip and stock bumper it looks relatively stock but with the lip it looks very nice. you can get a rear bumper here. https://www.siraweb.com/replacement-arbb760103p front bumper here. https://www.siraweb.com/replacement-b66

My Cars
    1990 535i Turbo Widebody
    wow thats super cheap. hows the quality? it looks a bit different shape than the stock one, plus u gotta buy all the plastic trim/and plastic inserts, license plate insert, etc... but still should be pretty cheap. thx for the link

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone has a link to this racing dynamics replica rear apron/add on lip, let me know