BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1998 BMW M3 Sedan | 162k miles | No Rust | Lots of recent maintenance/updates

My Cars
    2010 BMW X5M

1998 BMW M3 Sedan M3/4/5 | 162k miles | No Rust | Lots of maintenance/updates

The Basics: $12,750OBRO | Contact Chris Papalia @ 708-655-7110 or chris.papalia@gmail.com for faster reply or if you'd like any additional pics or information. The price is negotiable within reason. I know I won't get asking, but it is a starting point. I am confident it would go for $10k+ on BAT. I've had 2 people stop me in my neighborhood that had seen the car online previously that couldn't believe it was actually as clean as the pics look. (According to unbiased third party strangers that stopped me on the street.)

• 1998 BMW M3 Sedan – 5 Speed Manual
    • Alpine White III | Magma Leather – Sport/Power/Heated Seats
    • 162k Miles
    • Sunroof Car

Link to many pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Os?usp=sharing

I bought this car from Wisconsin with the intention of making it a little cruiser/ light track duty car, but living in the city and my career leaves me unable to give this car the attention it deserves. It should go to a loving home who has the time to continue its road to perfection. I’ve done a lot to get it in better shape since I’ve purchased over the winter as did the last owner (who also owned 2 E30 M3s, jealous). He had done a bunch of little things as well.

The Condition: Overall the condition of the car is average to above average, and I am very particular. It’s a previous EAG (Enthusiast Auto Group) Car and I did verify that with a contact there. It has NOT been heavily modified or torn apart throughout its history and is largely in original condition with the exception of a few tasteful upgrades. It’s a STRONG runner and a good looker with a LOT of maintenance recently taken care of. ZERO rust ANYWHERE on the car, all original panels with VIN stickers in place, undercarriage is extremely clean.

1. Exterior is in above average condition for a 20 year old car with 162k miles on it. Previous owner claims to have had PDR & touchups done throughout exterior of the car. From my perspective, there are VERY few exterior dents or flaws. Touch up from rock chips on hood and front bumper aren’t noticeable until you are directly in front of the car. The rear bumper has been resprayed and that is noted on the Carfax from a minor parking lot incident years ago. Have thoroughly inspected rear trunk area and undercarriage and there are ZERO signs of damage or repair. I truly believe this to be just a respray. (Family was in the body shop business.) There really are no loose ends on the exterior of the car. I’ve gone so far as to replace the door handle gaskets replaced as they were turning colors.
    2. Interior of the car is in average shape but does have a few blemishes that I have yet to address. All seats and leather surfaces show well, with the exception of the driver bolster, which does have wear, but not a hole. The headliner does need to be replaced as it has gone mullet status. (Business in the front, party (loose) in the back.) All controls, buttons, functions, etc. work as they should with the exception of the radio backlight. No dead pixels, no dead backlights. The recline gear needs replacing on the passenger front seat. Perfect to do this when you do the headliner. No dash cracks, no loose interior pieces, etc. Overall I am surprised how tight the interior is on this car for a 20 year old ride.

Maintenance/ Modifications:

• Kassel Performance Tuned ECU with VIN Recode
    • K&N Air Intake – recently cleaned and oiled
    • Depo Headlights w/ French Yellow High beams and city lights – new
    • Oil Change in October (less than 2,000 miles since change)
    • Powerstop Rotors & Brake Pads – new
    • Bimmerworld SS Brake lines – new
    • Left & Right Front Tie Rods – new
    • Radiator Shroud – new
    • Power Steering Reservoir hose – new
    • Intake/Mass Air Boot – new
    • Coolant Expansion Tank – new
    • Cam Chain Tensioner – new
    • Euro Steering Wheel w/ correct hub & clock spring – new
    • Rear door handle gaskets – new
    • New OEM BMW M3 Floormats with Velcro fasteners
    • 2M Motorsport Cloth Shift & Brake Boots – new
    • ZHP 5 speed shift knob

Needs:

• Passenger turn indicator fast blinks, needs new socket
    • Passenger foglight lens cracked
    • Low Coolant light comes on at ignition and when you turn the car off, but the coolant isn’t low and it goes off after 5 seconds
    • Radio backlight is dim, but radio functions fine
    • Headliner sagging
    • Passenger seat recline gear
    • Power steering started leaking again, probably needs rack, I replaced the hose (maybe its loose?), was fine for a few months, then started again, no time for investigating

Extras:
    SSI Stainless Underpanel: $100 - New
    Stromung muffler: $450 - Used
    French Yellow Foglights with new mounting brackets: $50 - New
    Oil Change Kit: $80
    Oil Pan Gasket: $10 – wasn’t leaking so didn’t need it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cpapsgo; 01-21-2019 at 04:03 PM.

My Cars
    2010 BMW X5M
    Bumper cars. Getting ready for store it for the winter and would make a deal right now. Let me know if there are any questions. All PMs replied!

My Cars
    325e
    GORGEOUS...bump Fix the needs...why not go all the way? Is it me
    or does those little needs not fixed say something?

My Cars
    2010 BMW X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketPlayer View Post
    GORGEOUS...bump Fix the needs...why not go all the way? Is it me
    or does those little needs not fixed say something?
    Thanks for the bump. I've spent a lot of time and money getting it to where it is today and did fix the blower, it was just the resistor. Due to my career and family obligations I just don't have the time to drive it or spend any more effort perfecting it. If I had the time overall, I would just keep it.

Updating the price and thread with new information.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump, price lowered to $12,750OBRO. Had a strong offer, but buyer has 4 ///M cars already and it didn't come through. #firstworldproblems #jealous Pick this up before the "spring/tax return everyone thinks they're rich" unnecessary car purchasing rush.

CP

My Cars
    2010 BMW X5M
    S O L D - Going to a friend of the previous owner and into an enthusiast collection that include 5 E30 M3s, an LTW and many more gems. Price was close to asking. Hold your ground with your prices if you know how clean your car is. Can't tell you how many "I'll give you 6-8k cause thats what the car is worth" texts I got. Thanks for all the inquiries.