Thread: My '94 325i Drift Car

My Cars
    93,93,94,96 E36 RIP

My '94 325i Drift Car

Whats up guys I'm somewhat new here to the forums and figured I would start a thread on my drift build. I'll give you guys the basics on the car, its a 1994 325i Sedan

I dont have many pictures of the car right now, I will be posting more photos when I get around to it

Car has 188k, the mods the car has as of now consist of: Raceland Ultimo Coilovers, Poly Front Control Arm Bushings, Chipped (Revs a little past 7k), Mishimoto Radiator with Fans, Leather Nardi Wheel with Quick Release, Cliq Tuning Ducktail Spoiler, and Tinted Taillights. I have more parts to install on the car like the Bluebird Bushing Kit from Condor Speed Shop, SPC LCA's, New Driveshaft (My Center Support Bearing got ripped out of the car so I had new studs welded on), and a New Guibo along with the Driveshaft.
    I plan on installing the new driveshaft tomorrow and possibly the control arms if I get around to it

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Consider oil pan baffle or running an extra QT of oil so that you don't starve it at those rpm's drifting etc. Also securing the oil pump nut.

pictures....pictures....pictures.....
    Attn. NEWBIES: Use the search feature, 98% has already been discussed.
    Click the search button, select "search single content type", select the "e36 sub forum" specifically, try the "search titles" then try the "search entire posts".

My Cars
    93,93,94,96 E36 RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric93se View Post
    Consider oil pan baffle or running an extra QT of oil so that you don't starve it at those rpm's drifting etc. Also securing the oil pump nut.

pictures....pictures....pictures.....
    I just changed the oil last night and put in a little under 7 quarts in, I was reading a post last night saying that the M50 actually does have a baffle in it? Not too sure but I plan on running around 7 quarts in the car because of me throwing it around all the time I dont wanna starve the oil feed. For some weird reason my pictures wont load on my posts?

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 2007 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatBlackE36 View Post
    I just changed the oil last night and put in a little under 7 quarts in, I was reading a post last night saying that the M50 actually does have a baffle in it? Not too sure but I plan on running around 7 quarts in the car because of me throwing it around all the time I dont wanna starve the oil feed. For some weird reason my pictures wont load on my posts?
    I think you need a few more posts before pics will load, that's all. Eric has good advice regarding the oil pump nut and possibly installing a baffle in the oil pan.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Normal oil change is 7qts, people who track put 8, you raised your rev limit so sucking air would be bad. Read up on baffle upgrades that can prevent starvage. Also if you drive it hard (drifting) you will get it real hot so the oil pump nut should get secured.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBlackE36 View Post
    Attn. NEWBIES: Use the search feature, 98% has already been discussed.
    Click the search button, select "search single content type", select the "e36 sub forum" specifically, try the "search titles" then try the "search entire posts".

My Cars
    Too Many
    I would go with the oil pan baffle since your car is probably really low on the coilovers. Do you have a welded diff or LSD? If its a 94 with the stock LSD, theres a good chance that your LSD is only working at maybe 25% or less. Replace/rebuild or welding would be needed. I would at least weld in the rear subframe reinforcements. Theyre cheap at around $100, and worth it to have, but a pain to install. Ive torn the subframe out of my blue e36 drift car 2 times without the reinforcements and its not fun to see the road from the inside rear passenger side under the seat . Not to mention how stressful it is to have your car steer from the rear. Back then, I had Ground Control coilovers with the sleeve and collars removed (this was in 1999). A solid transmission mount helps with the trans feeling more direct when going sideways and trying to shift. I enjoyed the combo of solid trans mount (mine was custom made) and new motor mounts-which rockauto.com has for about $20 a piece
    _4742f24a-9ba4-42a9-988f-834128d9c50e_zps674cf7b2.jpg
    Personally, Ive had the Raceland coilovers on my white 92 325i and I hated everything about them. I will NEVER go Raceland again. I could not run most rims because they rubbed against the suspension and had to use 15in E39 wheels which meant I could not use my big brake upgrade.
    _IMAG0137_zpswxtbczow.jpg
    The Bilstein/H&R combo on my M3 are my favorite so far but I dont have any drift time on them as of yet...

Good luck,
    Richie
    Last edited by Richkid79; 09-18-2018 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Current lineup: 99 BMW M3vert (project) , 05 Mazda RX-8, 04 Mercedes CLK320, 03 Chevy Express 1500 (work van).
    Previous rides: 07 Mazda RX-8, 92 BMW 325iNV, 94 BMW 325iC, 94 BMW 325i S50 M3 clone, 84 Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, 84 Mazda B2000 lowrider, 88 Toyota Tercel, 88 Honda Accord, 93 BMW 318i, 95 Nissan Altima, 89 Toyota Camry, 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T, 93 BMW 318is, 84 Toyota Tercel, 96 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T, 97 BMW 528i 1JZ swap, 94 Acura Integra 4dr, 88 Toyota Corolla Wagon, 97 VW Jetta GLS, 86 Toyota Corolla AE86 4A-GZE supercharged engine swap, 94 Lexus LS400, 95 Isuzu NPR Turbo, 01 Suzuki TL1000R, 98 Honda CBR600F3, 99 Yamaha R6 and countless other dirt bikes and toys