My Cars
    E71 X6 4.4L "BatMobile"

Have you guys seen this?! Total game changer

I have about 70k miles on my x6 5.0, and 1 year left on my warranty. I absolutely love the car and would hate to part with it. I don’t like the way the new body styles look. But I figure that the valve stem seals are just a matter of time, and that job is 8k. But now it looks like you can do a new engine swap!!

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-drop-from-BMW

My Cars
    E71 X6 4.4L "BatMobile"
    wow no one seems as excited as i am, or these boards are dead?!?!.
    no longer need to worry about costly engine repairs when you can do a full swap for a new engine.

also feel like guys with the 6 can upgrade to the v8 when the time comes

My Cars
    2001 530i, 2007 X5 3.0si
    Yeah, the X5/X6 boards are tumble weed territory. I think it's because the SAV's are either bought for utility or for the wife to drive, so you don't really see the same sort of enthusiasm that you'd see for the e46's, e38's, e39's etc..... (I bought mine for the winter and to tow stuff with)

It is pretty cool that the short blocks have gotten so cheap though. Good thing I have the N52 and don't have to worry about that stuff

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328 xi
    Hey eddie (and everybody else reading this),

I almost bought a 2013 X6 50i with 46K miles on it few months ago, but all these horror stories on the net about all the problems of N63 scared me away.. I mean, I know every car has problems, but it seams like the heat from the turbos is the main cause of all the problems related to N63, and that's there to stay (the heat I mean). No CCP will change the heat of the turbos, right? So, I'm mostly scared that replacing all faulty parts on a used N63, all the problems WILL come back sooner or later (because the main cause, the heat, was not resolved). Even putting a new engine in the car... so I started looking at either 35i or the M. But after looking for a while, and test driving few, I still go back to the 50i (the 35i seems rather week for the size of the car, and the M seems rather expensive , and at the end, they may have similair issues )... So, I'm writing this to ask you what has been your story with this car, and whether you have experienced any major issues. I know my way around nuts, bolts, and wrenches, so I am not afraid to work on it... I just don't want to work on it every other month for 5-10 days...I really love the look of this car and that is the only reason I don't look at the new model (>'15). Sorry for the long post.. I hope I hear from you...

ps: I was also looking into Extended 3rd party warranties, but those are ~5-6,000 for 4 years, and even though they are exclusionary (include many, many things), they are not 100% full warranty (so a claim may get rejected). So, I'm kind of voting against that... In all, I'm very confused/frustrated/even sad at times

thanks,
    Vlad
    Last edited by vcar2005; 10-25-2018 at 01:18 AM.