Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1991 325iX, Red 2Dr, Blk interior, possibly for sale, any interest?

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW

For Sale: 1991 325iX, Red 2Dr, Black Interior, Automatic

I'm considering selling my Bimmer I've had for 4 years. Odometer stopped around 154,000 after I had it a couple years. It's maybe getting close to 160,000. I don't drive far distances with it so haven't put many miles on it at all. The main cosmetic issues are the shiny clear coat on the paint has peeled off in some areas...passenger door, sunroof, part of trunk. Also rust under rear bumper by muffler. My only big mechanical issues are it runs rough in the winter because it's so cold here(mechanics can't seem to pinpoint if any specific issue or just age) Also I'm pretty sure it's gonna need a new starter. And I believe new rotors are needed. Otherwise, there is also an oil leak. In the interior, the small clock doesn't work, nor heated seats. I've done some front suspension work (springs and struts both sides) & strut housing on one side, new timing belt, water pump, and other belts, new break lines, new fuel pump, new break pads, new spark plugs and wires, front ball joint&tie rod (can't remember which side), have tie rod for other side(was told wrong side when I first ordered parts), new muffler and piping just this summer. Recharged A/C w/ at home kit. I've kept papers on everything I've done, and what was with the vehicle when I had bought it. I honestly don't want to sell it at all, just love it so much, but I really need something 4Dr for traveling with friends and that I can start when it's -30F during winter. I really want to see it go to a good home and someone who wants to continue fixing it up. A lot of the work I did just out of safety after I bought it (had it looked over before purchase). I'm honestly not sure what to ask for it. I know what I paid and what I feel it's worth still. It's a unique little gem for sure. Another reason overall I need something reliable year round is that my mom's car is going to rack and ruin and she can't afford anything else right now. So I would like to buy an actual new car just so she isn't so stressed and knows I have something reliable she can use anytime. She's not the biggest fan of my BMW come winter here. Anyway, if there's any interest let me know and I can send some pictures by email or something. It would be your responsibility to drive here to purchase and take home.
    What I would like to get for it: $2,000.
    Last edited by greenheartpanda; 10-12-2018 at 10:00 AM.

My Cars
    1987 325i Cabrio
    Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    88-m3,95-ltw sold,95-993
    Just sent you a p.m.
    Current Rides: 88-m3, 95-m3 ltw sold, 74-alfa gtv /sold , 2006 jag STR / sold, 1969 bmw ti-lux, 78 911sc, 68 alfa super, 65 vw bug, 52chevy pick up,
    95-porsche 993 c-2 /sold, 74-mini s /sold

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    For dgut: I'm in Oakes, ND. I am currently in talks with another possible buyer just so you know. If that doesn't happen I can get back in touch with you. Thanks.

My Cars
    1988 BMW 635csi
    Likewise interested. Get in touch if the others fall through.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Ok. Just an update for anyone interested. I think I'll know by this coming Tuesday (Oct 9) if the person I'm in talks with is purchasing or not. If things aren't a fit, I will go in order of whose posted saying they have interest. I feel that's fairest.

Also, to update something else which may change people's interest, but i want to be totally honest about everything, not looking to be shady at all....I did just have some mechanical issues come up with the car. It might be a bigger issue. That's what I will know Tuesday. If so, and the first potential buyer decides no, I will post what is going on with the car and will definitely give quite a discount in price. I hope someone will like to purchase it just so I don't have to send it to a junk yard. That would be tragic. No matter what's wrong with it, I feel it has potential to be restored, especially if you have the ability to fix it yourself.

And since there may be considerable travel for persons to come here to pick up the vehicle, whoever the buyer is, I would like to pay for one night's stay at the local hotel in town. Just because I will feel so appreciative to see my car go to another home.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Here's my update :

First interested buyer decided to continue looking for something that won't be so much of a project.

Now, unbelievably, the "needing a new starter" I mentioned in my first description, has come upon us. Well sort of. I was unable to start the car (what are the odds of this happening now too) After the mechanic looked at it, the starter is still turning, so he believes it's the starter drive gear. So technically not the starter but labor won't be any less necessarily since you'll have to get at the starter to fix that anyway. With this just happening, I unfortunately won't be able to definitively find out what's been up with the mechanical issues I mentioned it also just started having since they'll need to be able to have it running to check certain things. The symptoms are the heater has been cutting out and a bit of engine temp fluctuation. My mechanics suggestions were something as simple as a thermostat issue, or maybe bigger like the engine is not building proper pressure.

With these issues or not, I was intending to sell anyway per reasonings in my original post. So I am not intending to fix anything more myself. I do hope someone still has an interest in purchasing.

I believe member 'dgut' expressed interest next, being you asked where I was located. If so, and after reading this posted update, you still have interest, please respond to this post. I feel I should wait a few days to get a response, whether yes or no. I will send a private msg as well to try to reach you more directly. If no response by the end of Thursday midnight (Oct 11th) I will move on to member 'wts'

For those two, and anyone interested who has seen this and not posted yet: with the new issues and my original asking price of $2000 and really wanting to find my car a home....my new asking amount is only $1000. As each interested person is addressed I will have pictures to send.

My Cars
    88-m3,95-ltw sold,95-993
    Must say I don’t think anyone can be more upfront and fair about details on selling there car. I did step out for 2 reasons, first selling and buying a new home and can’t deal with one more moving part. Second reason, really want a touring e30 is so the hunt begins.
    Good luck all.
    Current Rides: 88-m3, 95-m3 ltw sold, 74-alfa gtv /sold , 2006 jag STR / sold, 1969 bmw ti-lux, 78 911sc, 68 alfa super, 65 vw bug, 52chevy pick up,
    95-porsche 993 c-2 /sold, 74-mini s /sold

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Thanks for your post Jeff. I hope you find just what you're looking for!

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi
    If you were in Alaska, I'd be all over this.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Got it touch with next interested person. They are not purchasing, so will contact next in line.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    My curiosity has peaked..

Do you have pics of the underneath? maybe pics of the rust..? pics of damage / dents..?

I'm hesitant due to the 8 hour drive.. for me its mostly about the body..

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    I don't have any pictures of directly underneath the car sorry. I do have more of the visual body of the car up close. The worst rust is underneath the rear bumper. I have two pictures of those spots. The only other visible rust is two small spots on either side between the front wheel well and the door frame if that makes sense. I will be more than willing to try and get some pictures of more underneath. It might have to wait a bit, though, because we just got a lot of snow here and there's about 6 or more inches of snow of the ground. It's starting to melt off a little.

I'm waiting to hear from member 'wts.' He was next to post he had interest in the car.

I, however, am thinking I might just post all the pictures I have on here so everyone knows right away and can take a look. I can only post 5 at a time, so there will be about 5 more posts of pictures.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Here is another set of photos. These will show the visible areas of rust. The rust underneath the rear bumper I think is confined to the far bottom body piece. I don't know myself if just that piece is replaceable or if its part of a bigger body piece. Of the small side spots, the one up close is the worst of the two. The other side I didn't really do a close up because it's just barely starting to show. The picture of the passenger door has the tiny spot in it. It's barely visible on the bottom right corner of the door frame. Not sure if pictures posted on here let you zoom in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Here are photos of paint issues. The hood of the car only has a few oxidation patches. A bit hard to see the way the sky and trees were reflecting. They are close by the edge of the hood. The small patch on the door of the shiny clear coat coming off has a patch about the same size on the other side. The trunk has the shiny coating coming off as well. And a few spots on along the roof on the passenger side. The sunroof is the most faded. It had been raining that day (just took these pictures on Oct 2nd) so some is still wet, but the whole sunroof is faded. (The sunroof is still fully functioning by the way. Manual crank handle, which I love actually, and opens up two ways. Either slides back to fully open or pops up on the rear edge for a draft) The other spots are not nearly that light in color. They mainly look like a matte red. The passenger door also has a slightly faded look as well. Reference the photo of that in the set of pictures showing rust.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Here's the last of exterior cosmetic issues. Right rear tail light plastic is cracked. Right end of rear bumper cracked off at very end. Car was purchased with these issues. I have not been in any accidents during my ownership of it. Passenger mirror has small paint chip.

The interior dash has three vein like splits. Were there when purchased. And have not gotten any worse.

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    I appreciate the photos! - Thank you - that helps me.

I will keep this posting up on my computer, update me whose in line - I need to think about work vs reward and the day it would take to drive up, pick it up and drive back.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    More interior photos. Only seat with cosmetic issues is the driver's. Purchased with flaws and has not gotten worse by much while I've had it.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Ok 95BMWIC. If the person I'm waiting on a response either declines or I don't hear from within about three days (I forgot to give him a time frame when I sent a private msg so will make sure to send a last effort msg to be fair), you will be next. I have one more set of photos to post. Just of trunk. If it helps with travel, I posted in an earlier msg that I am including a one nights stay at a hotel in town to help with that. I will just appreciate so much someone willing to travel such distances to get it. That, of course, is contingent on a for sure sale and money changing hands. I would ask it first be reserved with buyer's credit card, and upon sale, will verify with buyer before they leave town that their card has been taken off file. I work there also so it will be easy to do I just hope something stays available. We have been busy with hunters

And if this isn't evident in some way, I will only accept cash for payment. I hope that has kind of already gone without saying, but just covering my bases

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Here's photos of the interior of trunk.

Also a shot of the very front. Man that just reminds me I'm gonna miss this car if it sells. Had a blast with it and never tire of looking at it I love something that's different. Will be hard to top even with it's imperfections.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Set time frame for hearing back from next interested person in line. If no response by Tuesday Oct 16 at Midnight, will be moving to member 95BMWIC. Sorry for wait but want each person to get an equal chance to get back to me.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    Already heard back. Thought it was manual. My mistake to not list more clearly. I did update to add that detail to original post. Ive only driven automatics so kinda took that detail for granted. My apologies.

I will move on to contact next interested person.

My Cars
    1991 325iX BMW
    No go on sale after communicating with last interested person. Car is back up for grabs. I'm going to start advertising it locally as well. When and if it sells I will for sure post that update to finalize this thread.

My Cars
    '87 442 & '09 G37XS
    Hmmmm...I'm interested as well, but do you know how well the IX are with lowering them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast