Thread: Just having too much fun for it to be legal!

My Cars
    2001 750il Chrome line

Just having too much fun for it to be legal!

Went out with the Porsche club for a car control clinic at the Bremerton airport, It was a blast! Only $115 and it was a well organized event with tons of seat time. They had a figure 8 to teach late apexing in a corner, a small autocross course to teach you "cone language", a slalom to get you to look up ahead of the car, a skidpad to teach you how to control understeer and oversteer and ABS stopping and turning to avoid an obstacle. You only have to go as hard as you are comfortable. Teenagers are FREE! Everyone you do this course and really learn how to drive.

For me of course I'm a little nuts so I was going for it. I was on my all season tires expecting it to rain all day but it dried up and was sunny most of the day. Anyway the instructors had a great time running with me. Once they figured out I was going for it they were cheering me on. Of course my car is a lot more comfortable that a Porsche, at one point I even had an instructor jump in the back seat. As usual everyone was impressed with how well such a large car handled. When I got the oversteer just right sliding around with the cone a foot from the hood I got a big applause from the crowd that was watching. What a blast!

The first skidpad video shows a M2 competition having fun before my turn. The second video show me going through the slalom and nailing it. Enjoy watching and then join me for a day of fun and do what your car was meant to do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vezjTUqkjlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8AgaYE4YVo

- - - Updated - - -

On the Skid pad video my run starts at 1:36
    01' 750il Chromeline
    95 M3 LS swapped
    07 M5 Manual
    06' M5, Spartan wheels and a 507hp V10
    00' 740il Dinan, CAI, Romulus exhaust, Stage 5 engine and transmission tune, 750 brakes, camber plates, strut tower brace. Sold
    00' 323i wagon for daughter
    03' 525i wagon for the wife, sold
    98' 740i for the daughter, wrecked
    92' 525i with over 200k, wrecked
    02' R1200 CLC, hit by a bus and broken in half. That one made the news!
    It's like herpes there is no cure but if treated properly you can live with it for the rest of your life

My Cars
    98 740il, 00 540i,04 ZHP
    Wow looks fun! My dad took me to the BMW M school for my 21st bday. Was a time we will never forget. Learned a lot and had a blast! That is so cool you have such a great group that is so well organized.
    '98 740il | 9/97 build | schwarz 2 | sandbeige | 5AT | 270k
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 120k
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 152k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 216k | one owner, all original

mods: m-pars | Bilsteins & B&G springs | ValentineOne | StealthOne
    retrofits: full nav | MKIV | bluetooth TCU | BM53 w/ AUX input | video module w/ AV input & backup cam | oem sirius xm | xenon | shades | PDC | rain sensor | BMW DWS TPMS | lighted door handles | front seat heaters | heated steering wheel | euro rear fog lights | ski pass | folding mirrors