Toro Rosso 30
    Sauber 19
    Williams 7

My Cars
    yay
    Please rain.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Should be an interesting race given all the action off the track lately.

Curious to see how Team Scuderia, Vettel, and Kimi are going to function now that they know their relationship is ending.. I imagine Kimi will still be a team player and accept a terrible strategy designed to allow Vettel the best chance at the win, and the Ferrari Strategy team will it all up in the end anyway.
    Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 09-12-2018 at 03:22 AM. Reason: profanity

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    You make it sound like you think Kimi would be winning the lion’s share of the races, if not for Ferrari strategists goofing it up. Considering Kimi has had four seasons to best Seb’s record at Ferrari and has failed to do so, I have a tough time believing that. Kimi is a consistent podium finisher and no doubt a fast driver, but Seb is consistently faster and consistently scores more points.

I find it interesting that F1 fans clearly have zero issue with Bottas being Hamilton’s indispensable wingman, but call it a travesty when Ferrari attempts to do the same.

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    I find it interesting that F1 fans clearly have zero issue with Bottas being Hamilton’s indispensable wingman, but call it a travesty when Ferrari attempts to do the same.
    I don't care for it from any team. Merc seems to be less discrete about it than Ferrari, yet when they are questioned about it they deny the heck out of it. Not to mention all the times Lewis has cried over the radio asking the team to make Bottas slow down any time he is on the back foot.

Not a big fan of Singapore here either. Baku and Singapore are probably my least favorite "tracks".
    '14 Evora S - Chrome Orange/Ebony
    '02 M5 - Carbon Black/Silverstone
    '15 M235i xDrive - Mineral Grey/Black

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    You make it sound like you think Kimi would be winning the lion’s share of the races, if not for Ferrari strategists goofing it up. Considering Kimi has had four seasons to best Seb’s record at Ferrari and has failed to do so, I have a tough time believing that. Kimi is a consistent podium finisher and no doubt a fast driver, but Seb is consistently faster and consistently scores more points.

I don't think he'd win the lions share, but from my POV it seems pretty obvious that he's the clear #2 through strategy and being told subtly to move over or let Vettel through, or keeping him out longer on worn tires to slow the pace of whomever is catching up. I do think he'd have won at least a race in the past two years if they let all things shake out as they could. I like Vettel, I think he's a great driver, but he has some terrible days and makes mistakes that Hamilton doesn't seem to be making.

I have an issue with the Bottas Bouncer maneuvers, I think it's bad for the sport and I hate it from any team. I would much prefer F1 to be like MotoGP in that regard. Save the "helping" for the last two races if need be to help your teammate/team win.

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    I have an issue with the Bottas Bouncer maneuvers, I think it's bad for the sport and I hate it from any team. I would much prefer F1 to be like MotoGP in that regard. Save the "helping" for the last two races if need be to help your teammate/team win.
    If MotoGP riders could help their teammates in such a drastic way that Formula 1 can, rest assured they would.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 318is View Post
    If MotoGP riders could help their teammates in such a drastic way that Formula 1 can, rest assured they would.
    That's certainly a possibility, with the smaller modes of transport and lack of pit stops we'll never know. But the whole Rossi/Marquez thing is probably a decent idea of what we'd be seeing more of, with a little less aggression...

I feel like MotoGP doesn't have the same "teammate" mentality that F1 does. MotoGP riders are expected to fight each other, and they do so with ferocity. If Sebastian/Kimi, Lewis/Valterri, etc fought like the MotoGP guys do we'd have some of the best racing in F1 history.

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    That's certainly a possibility, with the smaller modes of transport and lack of pit stops we'll never know. But the whole Rossi/Marquez thing is probably a decent idea of what we'd be seeing more of, with a little less aggression...

I feel like MotoGP doesn't have the same "teammate" mentality that F1 does. MotoGP riders are expected to fight each other, and they do so with ferocity. If Sebastian/Kimi, Lewis/Valterri, etc fought like the MotoGP guys do we'd have some of the best racing in F1 history.
    Well it more or less happened in 2015 at the last 2 races. Marquez was fast but was slowing down Rossi because his Spanish friend Jorge Lorenzo was close in the championship. In Malaysia Rossi was fast enough to fight Lorenzo and so was Marquez but he kept slowing Rossi down. Finally Rossi got fed up and pretty much punted Marquez off the track. Because of this Rossi got regulated to the back of the grid, finished 4th in the final race but lost by 5 points after Marquez and Pedrosa let Lorenzo win.

How that season ended never really sat right for me and along with not showing on TV anymore i pretty much stopped watch motogp expect for the highlights after the races.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 318is View Post
    Well it more or less happened in 2015 at the last 2 races. Marquez was fast but was slowing down Rossi because his Spanish friend Jorge Lorenzo was close in the championship. In Malaysia Rossi was fast enough to fight Lorenzo and so was Marquez but he kept slowing Rossi down. Finally Rossi got fed up and pretty much punted Marquez off the track. Because of this Rossi got regulated to the back of the grid, finished 4th in the final race but lost by 5 points after Marquez and Pedrosa let Lorenzo win.

How that season ended never really sat right for me and along with not showing on TV anymore i pretty much stopped watch motogp expect for the highlights after the races.
    I also didn't like that season, and I hope to never see anything like that again. I do still follow MotoGP though.

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Considering Kimi has had four seasons to best Seb’s record at Ferrari and has failed to do so...
    Which record is that? I ask because, if you start counting how many WDC titles each driver has delivered to Maranello, I count one for Kimi and zero for Seb.

Bottas has no personality. Fans like Kimi because he gets drunk and falls off yachts; like the rest of us.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Recently leaked photo of a 2021 Indyc... I mean F1 concept car!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    Bottas has no personality. Fans like Kimi because he gets drunk and falls off yachts; like the rest of us.
    TIL, I am basically Kimi Raikkonen

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Which record is that? I ask because, if you start counting how many WDC titles each driver has delivered to Maranello, I count one for Kimi and zero for Seb.
    Is playing dumb your new gag? Points and wins would be a good start. You can throw in pole positions for good measure as well.

I like how you ignored the part where I said "has had four seasons" when it's clear that I am talking about their performance as teammates over the last four years.
    Last edited by burninator; 09-13-2018 at 02:33 PM.

My Cars
    yay
    Recently leaked photo of a 2021 Indyc... I mean F1 concept car!

That looks ruhtarded.

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    I bet it's not aerodynamically correct and the actual cars will look nothing like that.
    '14 Evora S - Chrome Orange/Ebony
    '02 M5 - Carbon Black/Silverstone
    '15 M235i xDrive - Mineral Grey/Black

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Didn’t see that coming.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Damn, what a lap from the Legend. Ferrari outlap to prepare tyres was crap. Guaranteed safety car tomorrow so anyone in top 6 can win

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Is playing dumb your new gag? Points and wins would be a good start. You can throw in pole positions for good measure as well.

I like how you ignored the part where I said "has had four seasons" when it's clear that I am talking about their performance as teammates over the last four years.
    Ferrari WDC's.

Kimi : 1
    Seb: 0

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    Damn, what a lap from the Legend. Ferrari outlap to prepare tyres was crap. Guaranteed safety car tomorrow so anyone in top 6 can win
    Agreed, should be an exciting race.

While I wouldn't go so far as calling Lewis "The Legend" until he's got a couple more WDCs, no doubt that guy can fly when he wants/needs to!

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Should’ve been an exciting race. What a dud.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Yes, was a boring race, only the start and pitstops were interesting when Max overtook the Thug. Lapped cars gave Max a chance at the lead. Dont know how Merc/Lewis were able to unleash the Kraken this weekend.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Aero and tires ruin another race
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Ferrari WDC's.

Kimi : 1
    Seb: 0
    If I think about it really hard, I can almost remember the last time you said something clever. I bet Kimi was still winning races back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another race where Ferrari decide to throw away valuable points because of laughably bad pit stop and tire strategy.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    If I think about it really hard, I can almost remember the last time you said something clever. I bet Kimi was still winning races back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another race where Ferrari decide to throw away valuable points because of laughably bad pit stop and tire strategy.
    Who is their chief strategist? Should get someone from Mercedes or RedBull, even if it means hiring a Brit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Another weekend where Vandoorne proved to the world that he sucks and that he is complete waste of a seat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast