Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Turbo M60 e34 Big-Power Content Inside

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz66 View Post
    Hi, if anyone kws how to get a hold of Zack, please have him call me. I do not, I repeat, do not like to come on here like this. I am just trying to get a hold of Zack, and cannot. Yes, tried calling and using pm.
    Jim, please just leave a voicemail, and I’ll call you back. Or better yet an email!

Please don’t leverage the forum like this.

-Zack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    Quote Originally Posted by vollosso View Post
    Jim, please just leave a voicemail, and I’ll call you back. Or better yet an email!

Please don’t leverage the forum like this.

-Zack

I am extremely sorry Zack, but I was being my impatient self again, as I did not know the best and quickest way to get you to call me back. I did leave several voicmail on your shop line, but I now email you more often if that works better. Believe when I say it also bugs the heck out of me to post here. I won't do it again, but after what I have been through with RMS and the other "tuner" I freak out as you well know. Will not happen again. Tim told me you have full access to all his tools and shop. with your input, he will check out my supension to get rid of the dreaded "squat". Thanks everything and I will help in way you suggest. And mi casa su casa.
    22RPD Tuning '95 540i/6 custom turbo mit Borg Warner S400sxe/Rebello Racing 4.9L M62/JE pistons/Arrow rods/custom cams/S62 crankshaft/Darton sleeved/Focal custom stereo
    Porsche 996 Turbo Evosport GT 700-[700hp]-my daily

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    I waited and waited for Zack to fix his horrible tune or problem with wiring that makes my 540i run rich and foul the plugs. Replaced battery, coil packs, wiring of the battery and even apologized to ZAck for something that is not my fault. He blames the battery and will not accpet responsibility. Worse tuner than Osh at RMS. ZAck was great up till the time I paid the last invoice. Pathetic.
    22RPD Tuning '95 540i/6 custom turbo mit Borg Warner S400sxe/Rebello Racing 4.9L M62/JE pistons/Arrow rods/custom cams/S62 crankshaft/Darton sleeved/Focal custom stereo

My Cars
    98 m3
    I waited and waited for Zack to fix his horrible tune or problem with wiring that makes my 540i run rich and foul the plugs. Replaced battery, coil packs, wiring of the battery and even apologized to ZAck for something that is not my fault. He blames the battery and will not accpet responsibility. Worse tuner than Osh at RMS. ZAck was great up till the time I paid the last invoice. Pathetic.
    I'm sorry that's how you wish to present it to the internet, but you cannot leverage this to forum to try and illicit a new response. I suspect the people here are smart enough to read your posts and see through that.

Here is a pretty complete outline of what happened with the car. You be the judge.

- Late 2018 we finished the turbo kit.
    - The car had issues with the motor assembly which had been assembled and installed prior to us.
    - We fixed the rear main seal leak and began tuning it, early 2019. The car leaked from basically everywhere as everything was installed wrong.
    - Jim asked us to fix all the seals. We fixed these in about March.
    - Jim didn't pay us for these fixes, and told us "it wasn't fair" he had to pay us to fix other shops mistakes.
    - After months of waiting, Jim told us he would pay us, but requested full suspension install.
    - We provided options and Jim never paid for the suspension or the repairs.
    - About 2 months ago Jim finally decided he wanted the car back and agreed to pay us, but only 50-75% of what the repairs invoiced out at. In an effort to help him and get the car out we agreed to take a loss.
    - We loaned parts to Jim to get the car tuned. One of these was a battery (Jim delivered the car with a bad battery, and another was a bad mechanical fan)
    - I told him if he wanted the car back without these parts I wanted him to sign a waiver saying he understood he was taking the car in an incomplete condition. I didn't want him trying to drive it and overheat the motor or something silly and then blame us for the damage.
    - he refused some of these parts and had the car collected.
    - We included Jim's original battery with the car. It read 6v.
    - Jim installed this battery, jumped the car off and tried to drive the car, it fouled all of the plugs.
    - He then drove the car to something like a pepboys, on fouled plugs.
    - I spent several days trying to helping this shop. Apparently Jim installed his battery wrong. They had to "replace some wiring"
    - Jim took the car from these guys and delivered it to a "RACE SHOP" who informed me they inspected the "MAF" wiring and it looked okay, and the tune must therefore be the problem.
    - I offered to fly in and fix the car but given Jim's history with paying, I wanted labor and expenses upfront.
    - Jim wants me to fly in, and fix whatever one of these shops did to break the car, for free.

Jim I will still fly in and help, but I cannot do it for free.
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i

My Cars
    1999 BMW540 Supercharged
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    Typical BigM62/JimmyZ behavior.

Holy Moly
    1999 540 Auto with Eaton M112 supercharger
    Airlift 3H/P management, M5 steering box, M5 LSD, Eibach/Dinan front and rear anti roll bars, PM Modifich door boards, 4 Eton 6.5s, Sound Magus VS3500.1, 2 x 10" Kove audio subs, Alpine ICS X7 Headunit, 19" BBS Hammer Sports RT245/RT246, Muffler delete, electric coolant fan.

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    First of all I did pay to fix the seals and I paid Zack Rebello Racing share of $1,000.00. Secondly, Zack promised to fly down to fix my 540i and Tim Barber of Barber Racing at Sonoma Raceway even offered the use of his dyno, shop and tools! Then Zack changed his mid and said he would remote tune the car, then changed his mind again when I told him IF he did not fix the tune and or why the car is running super rich I would seek legal counsel as a last resort. After I made final payment Zack told Tim Barber, and not me, he would not work on the car. And I find it offensive Zack said I did not pay him. I have proof. And I did not pay right away beause I misplaced his email when my father passed away at around the same time.I really don't care what members here think, I want them to know the truth. I did pay Zack to fix the so called leaks. Again, I find it totally offensive he says I had a problem with paying. I was in the process of burying my father. He also installed the clutch wrong as it now grinds when I put it into gear which did not happen before. Zack why dont' you tell the truth that I offered to pay for your flight just to get this problem fixed. And why were you working on my car when the driver came to pick up my car. You as promised. said it was already done and running 100% 2 weeks prior. You want me to pay for a bad tune or whatever is fouling my spark plugs and making the car run rich? I already spent $400 on having th shop follow your long distance advice. Zack I don't you to fix everything wrong with the car and paid for it. The battery was under warranty ($350 Stinger battery). So are you trying to say the bad tune is because of the battery, which I replaced right away. Furthermore Zack, I do not like coming on here,, but you refuse to answer my emails or phone calls. What else am I suppose to do? Is my fault my car runs rich and fouls the plugs? We did not discuss me paying you to fix my car. I offered as a token of good will to fly you doen and stay at my house, but I could not get an answer from you. Tim Barber had to tell me you refuse to work on my car. Believe me, I do not want to spread rumors,I just want my car fixed. Once again, I told you to please fix everything that needed to be fixed, except I would replace the battery.

****EDIT**** I have nothing against you Zack and if needed I will share the email I sent telling you I don't know what I did wrong to you, but I want it behind us and to move forward with an apology if I somehow without knowing it, did something to piss you off. I just want things to be ok and cool between us and get this turbo kit working as it should. I apologize in front of all the BFC members for any mis communication between us. I don't blame any particular person,but would greatly appreciate help in finding out why my car is running so poorly. I would love to communicate with you over the phone or email, but I can't if you don't reply. It could be as simple as a loose tube or wire somewhere, and I can only at this point either put our differences behind us, or have the whole turbo system re-done. I hope we can work this out, and I have to repeat ,I do not like airing out dirty laundry on forums, but I just want to start some form of civil communication. I am done here and wish you and your family the very best during these holidays. And sorry about the "pathetic" statement, I was angry at that time. PLEASE communicate with me, to either tackle the problem or tell me to move on. I give you the respect that it could be a simple fix and due to miscommunication we went in different directions. Zack, it is not fair for me to pay to to fix the problem that is evident when I received my car, but I understand your view and am wiling to work with you, but fairly to both of us. I did not sabotage my car to come on here to be an a-hole.I towed my car to Barber Racing to fix the rear squat issue and communicate with you about the rich running issue, and I will tow my car back home unless otherwise instructed.
    Last edited by jimmyz66; 12-22-2019 at 08:32 PM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    God this Jimmy guy sounds like the worst. No clue about anything. Reminds me of some customers here at the dealership...

>advised of hardware issues
    Well it's clearly y'alls fault

>extensive aftermarket mods by multiple shops
    Well this should be warranty work because yall were the last ones to touch it

Jimmy I'll be the first to say this. F$^@ off. You've tried leveraging the forums half a dozen times now. Well it works two ways, because everyone is going to turn on YOU.

Zach is great at what he does. Hes tuned several big power turbo cars, including my buddy rajicase big turbo M3. You aren't his only customer. You cant expect him to drop everything for you. And nothing gets done for free.

/endrant

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525

My Cars
    Bima
    both are telling different stories one of you has to be lieing your ass off.
    jimmy brought up the passing of his dad as an excuse for not paying vollosso but doesn't admit it directly.
    jimmy said he replaced the batt. right away. how long was right away? could be weeks to some people.
    i would say jimmy is a nightmare customer and don't blame vollosso for wanting to stay 10,000 miles away from these types.
    Last edited by Robocop; 12-23-2019 at 12:40 PM.

My Cars
    skateboard

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    e30
    Did you pay Zach full invoice or a fraction?

Based on how you are presenting things, I wouldn’t fly down to fix it for you either. You will probably just blame Zach for something else later so there is only risk and no benefit for him.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    - I told him if he wanted the car back without these parts I wanted him to sign a waiver saying he understood he was taking the car in an incomplete condition. I didn't want him trying to drive it and overheat the motor or something silly and then blame us for the damage.
    - he refused some of these parts and had the car collected.
    So your position is that the car was 100% except for the bad battery and fan?

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
    Hrmmmi

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    98 m3

Turbo M60 e34 Big-Power Content Inside

Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
    Yes car was 100%. Foreseeing this outcome, I took videos of everything running perfectly before removing the parts that Jim asked us to remove.

While the truck driver was picking it up I showed him the car running, I then removed the parts with him watching. I asked him to share this with Jim.

Last edited by vollosso; 12-23-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Yes car was 100%. Foreseeing this outcome, I took videos of everything running perfectly before removing the parts that Jim asked us to remove.

While the truck driver was picking it up I showed him the car running, I then removed the parts with him watching. I asked him to share this with Jim.
    Roger that. It's funny, this whole thread, starting from the post below, made me appreciate how, when I sold my highly modded E34 M5 and the buyer needed the car appraised to be insured for the purchase price, the appraiser initially refused. He wanted proof of the work done and I sent him my writeup on the history of the car, where I documented everything, including the people who were a pain in my ass, not pulling punches. He said I have no interest in being another business you shit on in public. I apologized, explained what I went through with them and took down the story. He reluctantly agreed to continue and the transaction concluded successfully. But like this thread demonstrates, it made me realize how you have to wonder if someone's willing to publicly crap on others, what makes you think you're not next?

I will be frank with you Zack. I was new to the BMW mod scene. With my E34 535i/5 I modded the heck out of it. I mean sway bars, sport swings and shocks, Miller WAR chip/MAF ( after Dinan chip and Unichip), short shift kit, custom Arc Audi stereo, M3 steering wheel, MK ! wheels. I even bought a BMW 7 series turbo kit. but could not find anyone to install and tune it. Before the Miller War chip/MAF, I was beaten on the highway by a Nissan 3.5L Maxima. 2 weeks later, I bought a used 540i with 50k miles and every item Dinan had in his cataloge including a supercharger, and had someone who was going to St. Louis and checked it out for me. Did not feel like the claimed 400+ hp when I first got on it and found out the old school Powerdyne Kevlar belt was broken. After that it went all down hill. Unichip tuner in Sacramento blew my engine on his dyno and blamed the engine as being "weak". Had an Audi shop re-tune it with new M60/M62 highbred. Still was not satisfied, so I mad the biggest mistake of my life by sending it down to RMS/Osh/Chris and they also blew up my new engine and blamed the head gasket. The racing shop that rebuilt my 4.9L M60/M62 engine said to was the fault of the so-called tuner. I brought to RMS just to get an E39 M5 after cooler, and he promised me and swore to God he knew how to tune my car. I gave him another chance and 3 years later I get my car and it dies at every stop light, runs super lean and fact my Autometer went as far as lean could go. I declined to send my car back to Osh. RK Tunes re-tunrd my engine and 150 miles later the engine blew up again. Jordan/RK Tunes said it was Osh's fault. Had the engine rebuilt again, but a little more aggressive cams and let my 540i/6 sit for over a year trying to find a quality, respected tuner.I had no luck until I read a post by vollosso. I knew in my heart and my past experience that I was in good hands with Zack and 22RPD Tuning. When I talked to him on the phone he was polite, extremely knowable, my importantly an engineer. I mean when I say he ha given me new hope in turning my E34 into a monster. He is extremely well versed on BMW's and turbo charging. In fact at first I just wanted him to tune my s/c system that I just put together (new Vortech V2h/dTi). In the back of my mind I always wanted a turbo system for it's options on different power levels and using exhaust to power the he'd unit. But honestly, I thought it would never happen because who makes a turbo kit for the E34 540i? Well, Zack changed my mind with his knowledge, personality and customer skills. I knew if I was patient I would get my car running as it should, but never in my mind did I think I would have the opportunity to have such a great forced induction system. I owe everything to Zack and Rebello Racing, who rebuilt my engine. Thank-you Zack, and not to be too syrupy, but it is an honor to meet you and have you work on my car.
    Last edited by TheJuggernaut; 12-23-2019 at 09:02 PM.

My Cars
    1995 540/6 Calypsorot
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    Typical BigM62/JimmyZ behavior.

Exactly my thought, unbelievable.
    Jason Grace

My Cars
    86 325es
    I know nothing about the current situation, but having read all the past history, this was the inevitable result. It was only a matter of time. Jimmy you need to get this car out of your life and lease an M5. This ain’t working out for you.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Or
    have ONE shop handle the jorb,

From womb to tomb.

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Several things wrong here

Don't start work/jobs without deposits. Maybe half upfront and then half when complete? Especially for fabrications... Lesson learned there

Jimmy seems sketchy and all over the place... I've dealt with similar customers and they're a nightmare. Expect you to waive a magic wand and voila! Everything fixed and then they don't want to pay up or complain months later.

From what I can tell the effort, work, and determination was there. $ talks

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by milKt View Post
    Or
    have ONE shop handle the jorb,

From womb to tomb.
    Korrekt

― George Orwell

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    People don’t change. They can pretend for a while, then their true colors always come back out. I was skeptically optimistic on this build for a while. Some people should just get their fast car at a dealership.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    M3 w/Gt35r
    Pretty unfortunate situation. I agree with one of the above posts, OP should just buy/lease a new M car or equivalent and be done with it.

Also, not really sure why you’re surprised that Zack isn’t willing to fly down and fix the car when you threatened to take legal action against him?

My Cars
    03' M5 & 98' M3
    And I did not pay right away beause I misplaced his email when my father passed away at around the same time.
    How do you misplace an email address you've obviously used before?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast