Thread: Philadelphia Area BMW Guys - Please read.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325 XI AWD

Philadelphia Area BMW Guys - Please read.

Hi, I must confess that I am an old Volvo guy, but I wrench my own cars.

My son has a 2003 BMW 325 XI AWD wagon in Teal that I may end up having to sell. The car has issues that may not pass inspection, but it's in pretty nice shape in terms of body and interior, and it will also have just been driven from Cleveland, OH to Philadelphia, PA. My son lives in Cleveland, but the car is registered in PA.

It should be at my place this Friday or Saturday.

I'd like to find a BMW lover who would want to either fix this up or make good use of the parts. I don't want to sell it to some person who will take it to a BMW dealership and get a $3,000 estimate to put it right. Someone doing his or her own work with support from this forum could end up with a really nice car out of this. I don't want to scrap the car or part it out bit by bit.

My plan is to get some pictures and list it in the classifieds. It is titled in my son's name, but we may change it into my name if necessary. In any event, the sale will be done properly.

If anyone in the Philly area near zip 19086 is interested in what might be a really good deal on this, please get in touch, and I will keep you posted. Right now, I have no idea what a "good deal" would be, but we're not talking Kelly Blue Book prices.

My son reports:

Oil leak: mild
    Computer failure (it's a bad module or something resulting in not being able to lock the car)
    Steering column "rotting from the inside"
    Axle: a protective housing was torn and the axle got degraded (Maybe a CV joint issue?)

Check engine light: O2 light and likely bad catalytic converters

Mileage: 117,000 miles
    Last edited by Eddystone; 09-09-2018 at 10:00 PM.