Thread: Gotta Repaint Some Rust Spots

My Cars
    2002 325xi

Gotta Repaint Some Rust Spots

I just got my new flex disc and center support (w/ bearing) in the mail a couple days ago. Got the flex disc from ECS Tuning and the center support w/ bearing from Rock Auto for a total pricing of something in the $70 range. Fantastic deal if you ask me. Here's to hoping I won't need a whole new driveshaft, though, haha.

Anyways. After I get the above mentioned situated on my lovely 2002 325xi, I plan to start dealing with the many little rust spots dotted around the car. Does anyone know where I can get the base coat and a decent clear coat from? My car's color code is 317 Orient Blue Metallic. Preferably in spray-paint can form for both. I know I'll need a bunch of different sandpapers, a body filler alongside some body patches for the really bad ones. And then I'd like some recommendations for what type of polish to get if it matters. I don't make tons of money, so more-so budget options is what I'm limited to. I'm not looking to repaint the ENTIRE car; JUST the little rust spots here and there. Eventually I'll work up into the "rotted rocker panels" the BMW dealership said I have. I don't quite believe them 100% since I've spent more than my fair share of time underneath the beast, but I'll definitely be able to tell when I get to doing my center support and flex disc.

Cheers!

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    my son got some from paint scratch. com, I think. he used them on his 86 e30 and the color was fantastic
    No e30s again.