Thread: BMW E39 520i

My Cars
    E39, E46 M3

Red face BMW E39 520i

Hi,

Being as a new member of this forum, Iīve decied to show off my car aswell. I bought this car from a dealership. The price was 700 euros (ca 813 US dollars). It is located in Estonia, where I live and the car stays. Itīs a 520i E39, year 2001, has a 2.2 litre petrol engine and this is all driven by a manual gearbox. Although the car has 404 000km on the clock, it seems to be in much better condition, than any others out there with these specifications. The interior is completely quiet, it is clean from the inside and outside and drives like a dream. Also, it passed inspection in July with flying colours, no advisories.

The car doesnīt have a lot of extras, but it has everything I need, such as: 4 electrical windows, electrial mirrors with heating, seat heaters, a climate which actually blows cold, rear-view mirror with automatic dip and a aftermarket Pioneer stereo with USB, AUX, CD and Bluetooth etc.

For future plans I just want to keep this car in good condition and if anything great comes to mind, then do it.

Things Iīve already done to the car:
    - new oil and filter, new fuel filter, new air filter, new interior filters
    - new radiator and coolant, because the old radiator had a bad leak on the left side below
    - polished all the doors, hood, front bumper, trunk
    - waxed the whole car
    - polished headlights and taillights
    - LED number plate lights
    And some other stuff I canīt remember right now.

2 pictures of the car.

My Cars
    M3
    Clean!

My Cars
    E39, E46 M3
    Bimmerīs got a few more modifications and new extras.

First I started to install a 2DIN multimedia system in it, the unit was a half-chinese model, "whoknowswhere", cost 350 bucks, but works like a charm without any lags or glitches. Has built in navigation with all the newest maps, it runs on Android (I believe it was model 7), 3x USB, touch screen, auxilary port, micro SD port, Bluetooth.
    After that I installed LEDs to my foglights, reversing lights, taillights, number plate lights and interior lights. Looks a lot more modern and doesnīt eat that much battery, too.
    Then I purhised a rear sunblind or a "curtain", whoever likes the termin better.
    The car isnīt stock anymore too, it is controlled by Megasquirt V2-3 and a E60 turbo is currently awaiting installation.