Thread: 2000 M Roadster 55K miles, many many upgrades +original parts. immaculate

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

2000 M Roadster 55K miles, many many upgrades +original parts. immaculate

SOLD

sold without the HRE Wheels or the Hardtop, I will post a new add for those shortly

I find myself at a point where my brain tells me it is time to sell my Titanium Silver 2000 M Roadster with black leather interior. I am 75 years old, retired and my wife and I are going to relocate and simplify things. We have a motorhome and a 2014 Honda CRV we can tow.

I bought the car 12 years ago, it was dead stock , excellent condition , with 38K miles on the clock. It just turned 55K miles this week. The car has been garaged and covered the whole time I have owned it. I am the third owner. The previous owner covered it in his garage as well. It is a southern California car sold new by Thomas BMW and by them as a CPO used car to the man I bought it from.

Not too long after i bought it started making some "improvements" using on high quality components :

repaired the front bumper (scrapes) filling the license plate holes and resprayed it and the hood which had rock chips. The rest of the paint is original, no body work every done, not one door ding etc.

TCKline Single Adjustable Coil overs

Racing Dynamics Strut tower brace

Stoptech cross drilled rotors (powder coated unswept areas) with stainless lines (their "stage 2" kit)

Dinan Stage 3 tune-- cold air intake, big bore throttle body, and chip

Magnaflow mufflers

Alpine head unit (ipod in glove box) speakers and amp.

HRE C70 3 piece wheels (matte black center, polished aluminum rims 17x8 front, 17x9.5 rear, special ordered perfect offsets no spacers

Umitza headlights with angel eyes.

I have all the original parts including suspension pieces , Roadstars, mufflers , headlights, Radio etc

I have an extremely good condition Hardtop with all mounting hardware -- I bought it from someone local who's car was totaled while the top was in the garage. It is Artic Silver and i never got around to repainting and installing it -- I only drive on nice days and only once in 12 years in the rain-- got caught in a shower driving in the local mountains.

I feel that everything for $17,500 is a fair price, or I might consider selling the top and HRE wheels separate (the wheels were over $4K new and are perfect) and ask $15K firm for the car with the stock Roadstars and without the hardtop. I will consider resonable offers

Tires : Michelin Super Sports 225 45 17 , 245 40 17 with a couple thousand miles on them

one last thing in the interest of full disclosure : I spun the car and hit a curb a few years ago-- while i could go on and on about the circumstances the simple explanation is pilot error. the damage was to the left rear wheel and suspension. The half shaft , trailing arm and subframe were replaces with brand new parts. the welds are perfect no damage (the parts replacement was because mounting points on the subframe for the trailing arm were bent slightly. At that time all the bushings were replaced . I replaced the front suspension bushings and the guibo not too long ago as well.

Just spent about $1400 having the car serviced including rebuilding the Vanos which was rattling by Ghery at Garage 54 in Glendale California , who also repaired the rear suspension after my "accident".

The is in exceptional condition car runs , drives , and handles as you would and should expect- perfect.

There are many more small accessories like Leather Z armrest, factory wind deflector, clear corner marker lights etc etc etc

I can take photo's and send them to anyone seriously interested

The car has been street driven only. I hate to see it go but it is time.

The new owner will not be disappointed , I hope it goes to a good home

Bill Turner
    818-747-232-1292
    bmwturner@me.com
    Last edited by William Turner; 09-25-2018 at 02:15 PM. Reason: car sold

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Don't know whats up with your pics--I tried re-posting them from the main post and they don't show for me either. We are normally able to post pics in the classifieds, so something's up. Anyway nice car--I'm sure it will sell.

Last edited by Mr Bingley; 09-01-2018 at 06:40 AM. Reason: correction

My Cars
    E34 525iT, '99 M Coupe
    Mr. Turner,
    With respect, may I offer my perspective? I, too, have more yesterdays than tomorrows. I recently convinced myself to sell a treasured vehicle at auction. I figured it was time to turn in my "car guy" card. BUT, as the date of listing the car got closer, I became increasingly uncomfortable and unsure. Fortunately, at the proverbial last minute, I decided not to sell.

I am now happily applying for my car guy "forever" card.

The photos of your lovely roadster show you've put a lot of yourself into the car. Has the car done all it can do for you, or are there perhaps still further adventures ahead? I think that's the question.
    Last edited by paul4223; 09-22-2018 at 11:12 PM.