Thread: Cheap shipping on US parts. FCP Euro ???

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166

Thumbs up Cheap shipping on US parts. FCP Euro ???

Hi guys,

First and foremost, clickableautomotive.com.au is an excellent Australian based company for genuine and aftermarket BMW parts. If they don't have it you can shoot them an email and they can find genuine parts cheap too. Great service and prices. As far as abroad though, I am constantly disappointing when it comes time to price the shipping.

If like me you've recently gone to put a few items in your cart on websites like ecstuning, you'd find the result pretty damn weak. US dollars from here on out.

Example being I tried added 2 pulleys for my E39. Shipping came out at $67. Then add the windshield sealing gasket and shipping alone goes to $157. That's a $90 jump.
    You'd expect a slight bump, but another $90?

Well I've tried FCP Euro and I could of swore I got a somewhat similar outcome. But last night I had a go and already the base shipping for a few items was much less. FCP Euro also advertises a "New and Improved domestic and international shipping rates".

Try this on for size. 2 pulleys and the windshield gasket. Shipping comes out to $30. That's a difference of $127.

Now I'm sorry to pick on one site, that's just an example. There are a lot of US based websites that seem to have an issue with shipping to Australia. And yes I know it is pretty expensive to ship down here and Australia is an expensive country to work with full stop. And it would be easy to just say there must be an issue with the automatic calculations for shipping in some instances. Well I have emailed some websites and if I get an answer at all, it's just a flat out "this is what it costs".

Anyway, kudos to FCP Euro at this point. I'm already working on a wishlist for more purchases down the track.

Just a heads up to the Aussies. Hope some of you find this useful.
    Last edited by AusE39er; 08-30-2018 at 02:48 AM.