Thread: Help on Standalone ECU and stock A/C system

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325

Help on Standalone ECU and stock A/C system

hello, I have a standalone ecu on my car (1995 325i) and i'm trying to figure out how the stock system works, but this pressure switch is pissing me off, I already have a/c working but I remmember when the car have the stock ecu, when on idle the a/c turns on, and off, and on again, on a loop, now the compressor is on 100% of time, dont know if I will have problem or not... so I start a research on how it works. if someone have standalone with a/c please feel free to comment, my standalone ( Fueltech FT500) have 2 wires to work with a/c, one to tell the ecu that a/c is on and another tu turn on the compresso relay. I will post some pictures on my progress, thanks

Fueltech wires:
    ft.jpg

Pressure switch:
    lul.jpg

X20
    qwe.jpg

My Cars
    E36 Turbo
    I don't see an issue (or why the stock ecu would even bother to cycle the AC at idle, that doesn't make any sense) with having the AC on all the time. As long as the temps are ok and the pressures are ok the AC can remain on.

My Cars
    97' 328is, 07' Titan
    The AC pressure switches will automatically shut the compressor off if pressures are too high so just let it run all the time, it doesn't matter. I've run mine with my standalone like this for 7k miles. Honestly, my AC has worked better than it ever did before. This could be the new AC compressor, I'm not sure but I'm just glad it's icy cold.
    1997 328is - Megasquirt PNP, Holset HX35, Deka 80lb injectors, SPA T3, Precision PW39 WG, Synapse Synchronic BOV, DKM Organic Twin Disc Clutch, Innovate LC-2 W/B, Mishimoto Intercooler, Mishimoto Catch Can, Mishimoto Rad, Devils Own Meth, Porsche 911 calipers with E46 M3 rotors, Corsa Exhaust

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325
    ok, thanks for all, I will keep running as it is