Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: installing alarm and solving e36 common problems

My Cars
    1994, bmw316i compact
    I'm facing with that problem right now, but somewhy are the schemes disappeared from here...just red crosses instead of them!

Well, it has passed few days and I resolved the problem with an lithuanian bmw-club forum.
    http://forumai.bmw-klubas.lt/viewtop...d07fc9478bd8ba

There is described how-to-thing which was helpful in my case. Exactly follow the pics where they tell how to open and add two more contacts (24 and 25) to 26-pin interface. I did it and all the remote locking started to work for me! It needs just +12V to trigger lock and unlock for one and another pin (dont remember which did what, just try) Maybe it helps someone because I tortured more than week to search and resolve this question and seemed to be impossible already
    PS! NEVER try your cl with remote control in your hands and key inthe car with closed windows! Once I have had a problem, when doors were closed but not opened with remote control and the keys were in car, so I had to open door of myown car as a burglar!
    Last edited by miku; 08-25-2013 at 07:31 AM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW E36 cabrio 318
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmeonbmw View Post
    I've got a 1993 E36 Coupe model (325 engine) and I've spent today installing a Scorpion alarm. This comes with remote control of the central locking using a couple of N/O N/C relays installed within the brains of the unit. So here I am trawling about the internet looking for someone else whos already gone through the pain of figuring out the cars central locking wires.

Why has this sticky got 7 pages? Looks like I came to the same conclusion as lots of others, where I didn't understand the text without pictures.......

In summary, find your Central Locking module, and please remember this post only applies to those with a 1993 E36. The wiring diagrams changed after this year so I can't guarantee that this will work for you but it should.

Look for the nice white plug, and locate coloured wires White/Red, White/Grey and White/Brown/Yellow.
    Cut White/Grey but not too close to the original plug.
    Strip White/Red so you can solder another wire onto it
    Strip White/Brown/Yellow so you can solder another wire onto it.

Okay so far?

To lock the car, your alarm brain/relay will have to have a N/O contact available. Wire +12V on one side and wire the White/Red onto the other. When you tell the brain to lock, it will send +12V to the CL module and all doors will lock.

To unlock the car, your alarm brain/relay (second relay) will have to have a changeover contact where you have a common with N/C and N/O contacts. Take the White/Grey wire that is still connected to the CL module (remember you cut this one) and connect it to the N/C contact. Take the other side of the White/Grey wire and connect it to the Common. And lastly, take the White/Brown/Yellow and connect it to the N/O contact side.

Connect everything up and test.

It worked for me and I'm very pleased with it.

Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick S View Post
    on the right
    white/red - deadlock signal wire
    white/brown/yellow - unlock signal wire
    white/gray - lock signal wire

by using this scheme you can deadlock your doors and you do not need to connect alarm central locking driving wires to any other power source. they just communicate car wiring

central locks work only when doors are closed!

BIG thanks (you wonderful straight hard workin' ) guys
    i almost burnt my brains as i went reading this entire topic - \
    i had a 92 er 318 of a friend with severe damages at the wiring , luckily i was able to repair all of it and after i changed the CentralLocking module
    (wich had multiple interventions to find on the board the unlock signal - probably the guy who did it was an diesel vw golf mk 1 wiring expert )
    i faced the horror of deadlock trigger with positive feed .... i thought that bmw is like my old buick with a twist ))
    it turned out to be simple but hard to compile -- the upper quote i think is all ya need for a swift and very clean aftermarket alarm install on a e 36 before 93 as Keith said

worked like stealing candy from a baby ....
    the thing is you have to have 2 relays one nc and one nc/no pins or maybe you are the happy ownee of a relay incorpored alarm module ....
    thanks GOD and China for providing the poor with quality crap across the globe
    anyways greets from Romania .... it was nice btw to be in Estonia so greets Beemers unite
    i feel ill be back begging for mercy as next week ill try restore my cabrio to its former glory(hole) ))

cheers ....
    btw its 3 am here and i havent slept for 2 days when writing this so .... ill look later to see what mess i made here

thanks guys

My Cars
    1995 BMW E36 cabrio 318
    thanks partick and keith for putting me on track with central locking wiring on comfort unit ,
    worked great on a 36 from 92 (a friend in need ) , i wonder if it will go as smoothly (like stealing drugs from school children ) on my e 36 95 er 318 cabrio

thnks from romania guys

and btw i had a business trip last year in Lithuania and Estonia .... it was really great ...
    so keep the stone there

My Cars
    96 318is
    Questions:

I have a bkinker that blinks rapidly on and off/intermittently . Took the bulb and holder out same thing. I held it in different positions to see if it was a loose or corroded wiring issue without reaching a definitive conclusion.
    It glows brightly and blinks normally and rapidly and dims.
    --Is this an indication the bulb needs replacing or something else and if so, what?
    --My second issue is I have no backuo/reverse lights although I've replaced both bulbs and changed the fuse. Whats up with that?
    Thanks for reading.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456