Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: installing alarm and solving e36 common problems

My Cars
    e36, e34, e28 (rip)
    jonequest,
    i am having the exact same problem with my central locking. its very annoying. i have a 93 325i. ill try and turn the key to "lock," or "double-lock," all the door pins shoot down to they're "locked" position, then immediately shoot up. do you know of anyway to figure out which door is causing it without pulling all the door panels off? thanks for your help in advance.
    pete

My Cars
    92´325ic turbo, 07´335i coupe
    turn the key to "lock," or "double-lock," all the door pins shoot down to they're "locked" position, then immediately shoot up.
    check here:

Quote Originally Posted by patrick S
    and of course while cutting into trunk wiring loom reconnect all broken wires AND SLIDE WIRING LOOM FURTHER INSIDE TRUNK LID ( theres plenty of wire length inside car) to move broken part into trunk lid. now you have fresh part of loom in bending place

My Cars
    e36, e34, e28 (rip)
    hey,
    thanks for the reply. yeah i heard about them splitting!!!! i guess that would explain a non-locking trunk lid or fuel door huh? short to ground? ill check it out tomorrow morning! thanks!

My Cars
    B.M.W.325is
    Help!! I have bought a second hand 1994 325is, the problem is the alarm horn has a key slot on it. I have no key so no chirping or alarm signal as it is in the off position. HELP

My Cars
    99 M3 Coupe
    After looking at everything, you are right on the nose about the lock mechanism being misaligned. Do I need to use torx to undo the entire door to get to it or can it be done by squeezing my hand through the small openings around the actuator area?
    Thanks again.!!!!

My Cars
    e36, e34, e28 (rip)
    bump for the locking problem.... i'd like to know as well. i checked the trunk harness and wires were split as i had suspected, but it didn't fix my problems. if anybody knows what 93r325is asked please elaborate. thanks!

BMW Parts Whore... BUY THEM PLEASE!!!

My Cars
    1995 e36
    i am trying to install an aftermarket alarm which was going well,the alarm works,the remote start works but the central locking no chance i started to follow richards directions but when i took the glovebox out it is totally different can u email me hakestuart@aol.com

My Cars
    2001 740i w/sport packag
    I have a 1992 e36 and bot hmy windows give problems also. the left window has the incning up problem and the right works whenever it feel like. I can hear the motor switch in the rt door making a clicking sound and the window will just sit then if i take off the upholstery and givethe motor a few taps i may get it to move. but last sunday I was putting up the window when I noticed that it made a reverse move and then it topped altogether. it did work since then but I am a bit sketical to operate it since pulling it up while pressing the switch. is this a common problem with the e36 also?

My Cars
    bmw e36

alarm installation

cud somebody help me and gave the exact location color of the wire that i my self can do my alarm installation ,my ca r is bmw 3 1994 and im gona use viper 350 hv i need the location of the central locking system what type of door lock is it?need also the color wire of the lock and un lock and door trigger and how to connect it many thanks do i have to use extra relay any sagestion wil be much appreciated thx

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325iA

Inca pro car alarm

just recently bought this aftermarket car alarm. followed your instruction meticulously but still could not get my door locks to work. checked the car wiring diagram. found the black, white and brown cables which control the central locking system. tried to tie in with the alarm cables and still did not manage to get it to work with the car locking system. i was wondering if you (patrick s) would know of this car alarm system?

My Cars
    BMW 318IS
    Hi all

Just trying to fit my alarm to a UK 93 E36, following the wiring diagram on page 1 and I cant get it to unlock with the alarm but it locks fine any ideas???

neil

My Cars
    1992 BMW 318is
    im not gay, but i love you patrick! this was a huge help... saved me from bringing my car to BMW and spending $200+ to fix my windows

|'92 BMW 318is 5 speed| 2 12" Kenwood Subs| 2000 watt Kenwood Amp| Pioneer 4" speakers| ipod integration| cold air intake| style 53
    15" BMW rims with carbon fiber emblems and champion performance tires| 35% tint| stromung duel tip exhaust system| upgraded center console with cupholders| (picture not to date)

My Cars
    1994 318IS, 2010 320D
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch 318is View Post
    im not gay, but i love you patrick! this was a huge help... saved me from bringing my car to BMW and spending $200+ to fix my windows
    Hey i have a very similar model to yourself and i was wondering if it was difficult to get the windows fixed, as it was mentioned that it is more difficult to do in a Coupe. Any chance of going through what you did?

My windows are really driving me crazy, i've tried greasing up all the rails that i could get at behind the door card but that didn't seem to help at all. At present, when the windows are open and i try to close the windows by pressing down on the switch till it clicks (for auto up) alot of times it will go up about half way then it reverses and opens up fully again. Drives me crazy.

I might take my drivers side door card off and see if i can do something with it tonight, but i broke my wrist recently and tore some ligaments and have no garage for my car and its cold outside and it looks like it's going to rain. All this and i'm still going to try and do something. What is it about these cars that we'll do anything, under any conditions, to try to make them perfect. It's like a disease.

2010 320D ED (Efficient Dynamics Model) - Deep Sea Blue (Current)
    1994 318IS - Black (and unfortunately no more)

My Cars
    1992 BMW 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by shanecconn View Post
    Hey i have a very similar model to yourself and i was wondering if it was difficult to get the windows fixed, as it was mentioned that it is more difficult to do in a Coupe. Any chance of going through what you did?

My windows are really driving me crazy, i've tried greasing up all the rails that i could get at behind the door card but that didn't seem to help at all. At present, when the windows are open and i try to close the windows by pressing down on the switch till it clicks (for auto up) alot of times it will go up about half way then it reverses and opens up fully again. Drives me crazy.

I might take my drivers side door card off and see if i can do something with it tonight, but i broke my wrist recently and tore some ligaments and have no garage for my car and its cold outside and it looks like it's going to rain. All this and i'm still going to try and do something. What is it about these cars that we'll do anything, under any conditions, to try to make them perfect. It's like a disease.
    for you my irish friend, I'm assuming it should be the same as the coupe. I tried greasing mine as well and like you, it didn't do anything besides rub off on the rubber seal putting the grease on my window for the following week every time i would close and open it. And this was just before i was about to put tints on it. Just take the door panel off, unscrew the motor so its off, and re-align the thing with a screw driver thats shown in the picture, and wha-la! to be honest, i only did it for 1 of my windows so far, my other still has the same problem cuz i never got to it, but good luck with your car and your wrist!

also, just curious what kind of headlights those are and where did u get them?

|'92 BMW 318is 5 speed| 2 12" Kenwood Subs| 2000 watt Kenwood Amp| Pioneer 4" speakers| ipod integration| cold air intake| style 53
    15" BMW rims with carbon fiber emblems and champion performance tires| 35% tint| stromung duel tip exhaust system| upgraded center console with cupholders| (picture not to date)

My Cars
    1994 318IS, 2010 320D
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch 318is View Post

also, just curious what kind of headlights those are and where did u get them?
    The headlights are stock but the side indicators are smoked ones that i got from ebay. they do look very nice together on this picture but i think there is a shine on the headlights that makes them match the side indicators a bit better, they're also a little dirty too with whitish dust which i think helps a bi.t

This is the link for the smoked indicators, fitted very well and cheap too.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BMW-3-series-E36-...ayphotohosting
    Last edited by shanecconn; 05-15-2007 at 12:59 PM.

2010 320D ED (Efficient Dynamics Model) - Deep Sea Blue (Current)
    1994 318IS - Black (and unfortunately no more)

My Cars
    1992 BMW 318is

window problem is back!

so i fixed both my windows from moving up and down an inch at a time, but now, a little less than month later, my passenger one has the same problem again. Instead of having to take off the door panel and opening up the window motor to slide the thing over and fix it, is there a fix that i can do to fix it for good? My door panels have been on and off way too much!

My Cars
    1992 BMW 318is
    im STILL having the same problem with my passenger window... is there a perminant fix? can i glue this ring?

My Cars
    of course you can use glue. i just scrape the surface with hard object ( or punch a mark on it)so it wont slide off again.
    as for other questions people can pm me because i dont come to this section often. i lurk in forced induction section

My Cars
    '97 328ic Slushbox

ALSO using e36 1994-1999 connnector

Quote Originally Posted by patrick S View Post

You can also use the factory connector pins this way WITH DIODES !!

LINK: http://www.understeer.com/doublelock.shtml

Signal is (+) Positive
    Pin #9 is LOCK
    Pin #10 is UNLOCK
    Both need to get signal without backfeeding current so you need diodes
    FEMALE Pins are about .09 inch - should be able to get them at Radio Shack as part of a "Molex" connector around $2-$3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Riick; 08-27-2007 at 09:27 AM.

My Cars
    bmw e36 318 1996 n reg

hi

ive just wired up a toad alarm followed the comfort centrol locking guide it wont dead lock and hoe do i no if it got comfort wire could some one plse help thanks

My Cars
    bmw 318i 1997
    hi what does each colour wir on the ignition barrell stand for? like acc starter and on

My Cars
    '97 328ic Slushbox

Connections to Factory Alarm System

Here is the EASY way to connect into
    Factory alarm harness for
    door locking & unlocking,
    and power for that matter.

All signals to locks must be (+) positive.

PICTURE of Factory Connector behind Glovebox:
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    BMW 325IS 1992 & MERCEDES c36 1994
    my car is 325is '92, thanks to patrick S with all the clear explanations w/ pictures...ect...i did it what the instruction is said, my problem with the window has been solved. keep up the good work. great gay.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by rickers View Post
    hi what does each colour wir on the ignition barrell stand for? like acc starter and on
    red- positive
    green- ignition
    black/yellow-starter
    purple- acc

My Cars
    bmw m3 e36 1995
    could someone tell how to install aftermarket alarm system into a 1995 bmw e36 (m3). My connectors dont look anything like the ones in your pictures. Under the glovebox there is just a bunch of smaller connectors,and there isnt that much space as in yours either.It would help a lot if you had a wiring diagram of some sort. thx and sorry my bad english

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast