Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: E39 aftermarket amp wiring question

My Cars
    525i

E39 aftermarket amp wiring question

First time actually posting on a forum,if anyone knows a similar post that has been answered pls direct me to it!

02 525i e39 with cd business Hu (non dsp/Navi)
    So my goal is to add a JBL gtx500 mono aftermarket amp and a 12” sub into the boot without changing any speakers & Hu , just keeping everything stock.

After looking up online and watching the bavsound e39 non dsp amp install tutorial on YT, I will be using the LOC method. I have a scoshe brand loc called loc2sl with 7 wires

White: left front positive input
    White/gray: left front negative input
    Gray: right front positive input
    Gray/black: right front negative input
    Yellow: +12 volt power input
    (Constant power)
    Black: ground
    Blue/white: +12v remote output

My question is what harness from the stock e39 amp do I connect the loc wires to? Since my wires say right front,left front yattayatta, I’m confused with the 12 & 26 pin harness .. can anyone point me what harness and what number pin/ color wire to strip .

Thank you!

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Fundamentally, your plan is flawed. The reason is that the OEM setup is very low rated in terms of RMS power output, I think perhaps 7 Watts per channel. When you add your 500W amplifier and sub, it'll drown out the cabin speakers quite easily. To compensate, you'll turn down the JBL amp gain and bass levels quite a alot. That'll defeat the purpose of adding an amplifier/sub!

Are you planning to put the 12 inch sub in an enclosure in the boot/trunk? if so, and you don't have the ski hatch taken out, all your bass will be 'sealed' in the trunk and all you'll get is 'vibrations' bass. Once you 'vent' into the cabin, the easiest way being by removing the ski hatch, you'll then let the bass 'into' the cabin where you sit.

There's also many threads on this section and the general E39 section and the same on other BMW forums about the pin configuration, have a search through.

Of course, if you are happy with the sound if the sub is sealed away and you turn down the amp gain/bass control, then that's all good. When or if you hear an E39 with a modest but much better matched and installed setup, your jaw will hit the floor on how good it sounds in comparison to your setup !

Cheers, Dennis!