Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: E46 330i Turbo - Street / Drag Race Project

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Lxki View Post
    Hoping to bring this community back to life, I will be attempting to turbo an automatic e46 just as the creator of this thread did but barely any knowledge of welding, wiring and things like that. The plan for this build is to have a track ready daily, at first I'm shooting for about 300-350 to the wheels, in the beginning keeping the stock tranny, stock internals but definitely will upgrade them over time to at least make 500whp safe but that's for the wayyy future lol.

I currently don't have an e46 but I'm saving up to get one with two jobs so I'm hoping to have it in about 3 months. I don't expect anyone to stick around for some nobody trust me I know there are a lot of people who come into these forums “dreaming” but I absolutely plan to make this build a reality. My hope for this experience is to learn more about modifying engines ofc but also growing a community of people who like seeing builds people are to scared to do.

I will be posting a series about the car on my youtube channel and using the forums to talk to the people who tune into the build but the whole journey will be on YouTube. Enough talking though, I'll be back with an update in exactly 3 months on if I got the car or need more time to save. I'll also be dropping the first video of it if that day if I do end up getting it so feel free to ask me any questions thank you

(edit) also wanted to add this will be kind of a budget build, I wanna see how reliable of a turbo bmw daily I can make with under $12k total so we will see how this goes
    Start your own thread please.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by rhuie1 View Post
    Been over 2 years - any update on this project?
    I've been waiting for the chassis builder to finish the car and hand it back over to me. (He's been busy with some "life" things that I agree with)

In return for my patience, I've been getting free storage of the car and help on a number of other projects. My garage is currently full of motocross stuff, so the extra space has been welcome.

Probably the best news is that my 13yr old son has a growing interest in building the car with me, so we are both living in anticipation.

I've been keeping my Motec knowledge sharp by advising on projects, and doing data analysis. I can't talk about any of that publicly.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678