I know this horse has been beaten to death because of my Googling and following what I found, I've done the research and work but I'm stuck
It all started with a valve cover oil leak that got progressively worse, The car was running fine before that. Took it to the mechanic and he said he was busy like crazy, said he couldn’t take it in for a month. So I figured what the hell, it’s only a valve cover gasket, I can do it.

I should have known when he didn’t want to do it that I was getting myself into something not good. I took off the valve cover, replaced the gasket, put all back together again and it’s been nothing but hell since then.
It throws the infamous P0015 error exhaust cam retard. So far I’ve cleaned the Variable Valve Timing Solenoids, no better so I replaced the Variable Valve Timing Solenoids. Still no better.

I replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor but put the new one on the wrong side by accident. Luckily I hadn’t thrown the old one out so I popped it into the exhaust side. Thought I got it but two days later she’s stalling and leaving me stranded a mile and a half away from home. The battery is going on 8 years so I decide let’s replace it. It’s time. Guess what. Didn’t help.

So I’ve come to you for your wisdom what do I do next? A few things you should also know is when I removed the VANOS Actuator, I didn’t know you were supposed to insert an Allen wrench and unload it, I did find a thing you do with the ignition key before you start the engine the first time after you remove the actuator. Secondly, while I was taking it apart, the eccentric shaft position sensor had oil in the connector.

Fred