Hello,

I am new in this forum and writing from France. Before posting I spent hours and hours reading all the posts concerning carsoft diagnosis system.

I have a 28 year old 320i, E30, convertible. I use XP Windows SP3 and a real COM-port (COM1). I bought recently the carsoft 6.5 on ebay and I installed the software with the crack. Then I always had the message "The module does not respond" and the programm stopped even when starting the "total diagnosis". Then I did 4 things:
* installing the "BMW interface test software" which showed the good functioning of the hardware RS232 connection to the computer -> eveything is ok
* I charged the car battery, therefore now I have 13.3V instead of 12V
* I controlled all the fuses
* I installed carsoft 6.5.06 which is the SP1 (in fact SP1.1).

Now there is one module answering: the DME test says everything is ok ("status ok). All other modules do not respond. Also the live data menu does not work ("the module does not respond").

My question now is very simple: Is this normal or is there any possibility to get more diagnostics with the E30 and carsoft 6.5.06. I am intererested reading for example the live data as the oil temperature for example after stopping the car just after a trip.

Best regards

Wolfgang