Thread: Changing seats?

My Cars
    BMW Z3

Changing seats?

Hello!
    I am currently looking for a car and the Z3 Roadster is very interesting. Unfortunately the standard seats are too low for my size and my head is a few inches above the headrest. (Otherwise, I fit in with the roof closed.) My question is whether I can install other seats (possibly bucket seats), which are higher overall and if so, which would be recommended. What costs should I expect? I didnÂ’t really find something specific in this forum.
    Many Thanks!

My Cars
    z3
    Short answer is no other seats fit... Some racing seats do but those wont put you any higher up

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    BMW Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Short answer is no other seats fit... Some racing seats do but those wont put you any higher up
    Okay thanks for your answer! In case it isn’t clear: I‘m not looking for seats which provide a higher seating position. I‘m too tall and need some which have a higher headrest. I heard that the sport seats or M seats are higher in total. If someone could confirm that, that would be quite helpful!

My Cars
    2002 Z3 3.0i
    I have the regular seats and a set of m seats. I measured both from the base of where you sit to the top of the head rest and it would seem that the m seats are an inch taller, m being 33" and the regular being 32". Hope this helps.

My Cars
    BMW Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by fiv View Post
    I have the regular seats and a set of m seats. I measured both from the base of where you sit to the top of the head rest and it would seem that the m seats are an inch taller, m being 33" and the regular being 32". Hope this helps.
    Yes, thank you very much!