Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z3 "M Package"?

My Cars
    z3
    I think the point was more so the economies of scale, ie. if they used that part on more models they would have made more and the part would have been cheaper.

My Cars
    ...it depands
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    ...the economies of scale...
    Yes, exactly.
    2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
    2011 328i E92 Space Gray Metallic / Leder Dakota+Oyster
    Since 1987 12 euros / 2 kdms / 2 jdms
    - Zach

My Cars
    2002 z3 Roadster
    I have a 2002 non-m 3.0i with the M package.
    I have a M steering wheel and an M gear shift knob! That is my package!!!

My Cars
    2001 3.0 Z-3 RD'STER
    Mine is a 2001 non-M with the sport pkg....M emblem on gear shift knob & M emblem on steering wheel. I have taken it a little further...Swapped non-M console for a M console and added another exhaust making it a quad system like the M. (See pics)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MORRIE; 08-20-2018 at 08:04 PM.

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Late too the party here as a new member.

Just wanted to add that a listing I saw for a 2000 Z3 3.0 liter “M” model sported the darker red paint job versus the lighter orangie red on the smaller engine non-“M” models. Don’t know if that color could be ordered on the “non-M” models, but that was the only one I saw in that color other than actual M Roadsters. Initially, the ad had me leaning towards buying due the the M model claim. The main disqualifier was the price of $7500 in “pristine” condition. Something didn’t add up.

Since joining this forum, I am totally clear on the differences and happy to say I have a real M Roadster scheduled to ship to my door next week. And, as might be expected, the price was substantially more.
    Last edited by Tigershark48; 01-31-2019 at 09:05 AM.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark48 View Post
    Late too the party here as a new member.

Just wanted to add that a listing I saw for a 2000 Z3 3.0 liter “M” model sported the darker red paint job versus the lighter orangie red on the smaller engine non-“M” models. Don’t know if that color could be order on the “lesser” models, but that was the only one I saw in that color other than actual M Roadsters. Initially, the ad had me leaning towards buying due the the M model claim. The main disqualifier was the price of $7500 in “pristine” condition. Something didn’t add up.

Since joining this forum, I am totally clear on the differences and happy to say I have a real M Roadster scheduled to ship to my door next week. And, as might be expected, the price was substantially more.
    Not sure on different colour options, but these seem like they were more based on year than on particular version. Again there is no M version of any Z3 other than the M roadster. All Z3s have sport packages, and M badges throughout. My 2.3 had an M on the steering wheel, the shifter, etc etc.

Anything that is a sport package item, will have an M on it. The biggest difference is the 3.0s had sport seats which were more less the same as the M roadsters, just the covers and some other minor differences. But I think overall shape is pretty damn close.

I am still not sure why people try to lie about M this or M that. There is one easy way to tell an M car. If the vin starts with WBS, its an M, if it doesn't, its not.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Accidentally came across this on youtube. Maybe it will answer some questions . https://youtu.be/riyZx5H5hbw
    Love the dramatic music...
    Last edited by DimrBimmer; 11-14-2018 at 10:57 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by DimrBimmer View Post
    Accidentally came across this on youtube. Maybe it will answer some questions . https://youtu.be/riyZx5H5hbw
    Just a sport package...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2001 3.0 Z-3 RD'STER
    Quote Originally Posted by DimrBimmer View Post
    Yes, loved the music...quite different. It's NOT an M series. But it does have the Sports pkg.

My Cars
    2002 Z3 3.0L roadster
    Read the thread with interest, as I purchased my 2nd. Z, a 2002 Z3 3.0L this past July and the tool that sold it had it written up in the ad as having the M package. I knew it wasn't the M model, but had never heard of an "M package". Thanks guys for separating fact from fiction!

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    Man, the guy in that video had the nerve to add an ///M badge to the trunk lid, and leave the 1.9 badge in place.

My Cars
    2007 Z4///MC
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1 View Post
    Not sure on different colour options, but these seem like they were more based on year than on particular version. Again there is no M version of any Z3 other than the M roadster. All Z3s have sport packages, and M badges throughout. My 2.3 had an M on the steering wheel, the shifter, etc etc.

Anything that is a sport package item, will have an M on it. The biggest difference is the 3.0s had sport seats which were more less the same as the M roadsters, just the covers and some other minor differences. But I think overall shape is pretty damn close.

I am still not sure why people try to lie about M this or M that. There is one easy way to tell an M car. If the vin starts with WBS, its an M, if it doesn't, its not.
    My 3.0 didnt have sports seats, just the standard rubbish ones.

My Cars
    2001 3.0 Z-3 RD'STER
    Quote Originally Posted by vanne View Post
    My 3.0 didnt have sports seats, just the standard rubbish ones.
    Then your 3.0 didn't come with the sports pkg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12