RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Rebuilding ABS Pump

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3/4/5

Rebuilding ABS Pump

In an earlier thread, I diagnosed a wiring problem with my ABS pump that will require a rebuild (since I'm too cheap to buy a new one for $1250).

My scheduie will not allow me to take this on myself, so I was going to buy a core and have it rebuilt. My Mechanic recommended BBA REMAN in Taunton, MA.

https://us-shop.bba-reman.com/

I realize there are people on the list who have done the wiring themselves. Anyone worked with rebuild shops to refurbish pumps like this? Any specific recommendations I should look into.

I figure by buying the pump and having it rebuilt, I can reduce downtime to a couple days from a couple weeks, which is important since this is my daily driver.

Also It seems like Ebay is the only place I can find a pump since nobody on Panjo is responding to queries.

Thanks,
    Marc Plante
    E36 M3/4/5 193k
    Konis+ Dinan Springs, Understeer SS, Shepott European steering Wheel, ZKW Ellipsoids, ECIS Intake+ ATE Foam filter, Stromung Exhaust, Recaro SRDs. JVC Arsenal Head Unit. Alpine MRV-F300 Amp, ADS 535i components, JL Audio Stealthbox Subs

My Track Rig:
    i7700 / 2080 PC with Assetto Corsa and Content Manager, Samsung Odyssey+ VR goggles
    Fanatec CSP wheel and pedals, SSH Shifter, recaro seat. Home built cockpit
    Mt Pleasant, SC, USA

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Have you looked here Marc?

http://www.car-part.com/

With a look through these pages , and a few phone calls, you should be able to pick one up for a hundred bucks. As long as the unit is identical, and has an identical part number, I'd personally throw it in, bleed it with ISTA, and see if it works. On an E36, as long as it matches, I think you'll be fine.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3/4/5
    Thanks. I figured at 21 years all parts are in a general state of decay, and that I might as well get to solid ground. Then again it's not mission critical, just needed for inspection. If it fails again, I repeat. Then again. It's going to be getting harder to replace parts in these cars. I'll take a look and see. I can always rebuild my core and store with the rest of the emergency parts I've never needed.
    Marc Plante
    E36 M3/4/5 193k
    Konis+ Dinan Springs, Understeer SS, Shepott European steering Wheel, ZKW Ellipsoids, ECIS Intake+ ATE Foam filter, Stromung Exhaust, Recaro SRDs. JVC Arsenal Head Unit. Alpine MRV-F300 Amp, ADS 535i components, JL Audio Stealthbox Subs

My Track Rig:
    i7700 / 2080 PC with Assetto Corsa and Content Manager, Samsung Odyssey+ VR goggles
    Mt Pleasant, SC, USA

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3/4/5
    I grabbed a pump from a yard using that page. Thanks for the lead. That's a very handy resource.
    Marc Plante
    E36 M3/4/5 193k

My Track Rig:
    Mt Pleasant, SC, USA