Thread: dsp odd issues PLEASE HELP is it FIXABLE?

My Cars
    2001 740IL

dsp odd issues PLEASE HELP is it FIXABLE?

Hello all, I had a couple blown woofers in rear deck and installed new ones. The speakers settings were all very low for the break in period day after install i lost sound from all 4, yes connections are correct i repulled all apart again today to check all leads to the wires. Anyways I got home and thought to myself maybe it was just the amp shut down of course it didnt because the other speakers where fine. the new speakers smell like they blew i was not happy. music wasnt even half up when they went. the do still work and sound ok but i pulled the amp today which was very hot to the touch (even the boards). my question is what goes wrong in these amplifiers that would cause this I will try repairing myself today so any advice or help would be highly appreciated. I work with some guys who repair jukebox amps and will be bringing this to them soon thanks.

just to add in one other detail i have found two cold solder joints

My Cars
    00 750IL, 01 740IL
    Sounds like the problem is not with the amp, but with your replacement woofer. The stock woofer are 8 ohms, if you replace with 4 ohms speakers, you're over driven your amp with accessive current. But alot of people do replacing it with 4ohms monsoon woofer making it less load for the amp, and over driven the amp, that's why they're they're happy with it because it louder. I dont know in your case maybe but smell from the woofer sounds like woofer are over driven.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 740IL
    I have been in close contact with the company which has been an amazing experience! I don't want to state the companies name as I absolutely love their products but don't want to deter anyone from buying from them, it did turn out to be at least partially the amp, I repaired the amp at work and everything sounds much much better! Tho I am sending the speakers in tomorrow morning to hopefully figure out what the heck happened as i cannot understand why they had the smell of blown speakers with the settings all so low. As for the replacement woofers they are to factory specs so that would not/ at least should not have been the issue. I will keep you updated as time goes on. asianvenom thank you for your response