Thread: Nissens radiator, which one?

My Cars
    Merc R129, E31, Jag XKR

Nissens radiator, which one?

Hi Guys

The driver's side plastic end on my rad called it quits yesterday. Iv done my research and the Zionsville rad is out of the budget so its mostly down to Behr and Nissens however there seems to be some confusion regarding thickness and built-in or external tranny coolers. Iv got a 95 Auto (CC41312) so iv got a external tranny cooler

#1 60747A (650 x 439 x 40 mm) (Manual)

https://catalogue.nissens.com/Product

#2 60748A (650 x 439 x 40 mm) (Automatic)

#3 60622A
    650 x 438 x 32 mm

As you can see, the only difference between them is the thickness however none of the nissens list my rad part number 17111702762 as the cross reference.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    Don’t buy a Nissens they’re garbage. I’ve had 2 and my fan shroud never lines up properly on them

My Cars
    840Ci/6 528iT Europa TCS
    If you plan on keeping the car,save up and get the Zionsville. I replaced mine with a Behr and I wished I new about the Zionsville at the time I replaced mine. It's pretty stupid to build a radiator with plastic tanks. It can't be repaired. When this one fails I will be getting the Zionsville.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    +1

Zionsville is the best and can handle 4 times the pressure, Must have if you replace, No plastic parts!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    Seems like a waste considering the OE tanks last like 10+ years and you could buy 3 of them for the price of a Zionesville. Especially when CSFs are even nicer.

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    Auxiliary water pump and heater matrix still present a weak link. I would spend the money on those first.

Quote Originally Posted by 8eights View Post
    +1

Zionsville is the best and can handle 4 times the pressure, Must have if you replace, No plastic parts!
    What "thumbs up" really means

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    ...fwiw, My whole cooling system on both cars have been sourced far ago, The cooler you keep the flow off the back will preserve those weak plastic parts! I use a much better water pump than oem as well! Spending on the radiator either Zionsville or Mishimoto will ad longevity to your engine and trans, This drive train should never be over heated, If it cost twice as it costs now, I would still do it, You should see what it cost for the E46 guys, Three hundred more than what it cost a few years ago but it looks better, Works better and those without it shouldn't knock it without knowing how important a cooling system is on this car, I live in the desert and actually drive my cars and feel much better knowing my cooling system is repairable rather than just be replaced.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    What kind of water pump are you running?

My Cars
    Merc R129, E31, Jag XKR
    Quote Originally Posted by killian665 View Post
    Don’t buy a Nissens they’re garbage. I’ve had 2 and my fan shroud never lines up properly on them
    Really? I searched here and the reviews are either Behr or Nissens unless you spend the big bucks

Quote Originally Posted by toomanyparts View Post
    Auxiliary water pump and heater matrix still present a weak link. I would spend the money on those first.
    Deleted the heater already...it reached 50C (121F) last week and still climbing

Quote Originally Posted by 8eights View Post
    ...fwiw, My whole cooling system on both cars have been sourced far ago, The cooler you keep the flow off the back will preserve those weak plastic parts! I use a much better water pump than oem as well! Spending on the radiator either Zionsville or Mishimoto will ad longevity to your engine and trans, This drive train should never be over heated, If it cost twice as it costs now, I would still do it, You should see what it cost for the E46 guys, Three hundred more than what it cost a few years ago but it looks better, Works better and those without it shouldn't knock it without knowing how important a cooling system is on this car, I live in the desert and actually drive my cars and feel much better knowing my cooling system is repairable rather than just be replaced.
    Correct me if im wrong but Mishimoto doesn't make rads for our cars

Quote Originally Posted by Fatandre View Post
    What kind of water pump are you running?
    Bone stock (is there an upgrade im not aware of?), but iv been a V12 E38 owner for the past 7 years and never overheated

picked up the car a couple of months ago and brought her back to life. She was abandoned since 09

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

My Cars
    1992 E31 850i
    Wow, you've got your work cut out for you with that kind of rust! Definitely keep us updated on your restoration progress.

Cheers, John

My Cars
    Merc R129, E31, Jag XKR
    Quote Originally Posted by dukegrad98 View Post
    Wow, you've got your work cut out for you with that kind of rust! Definitely keep us updated on your restoration progress.

Cheers, John
    Already done and registered and driven daily-ish