Thread: 2014 435xi Hit and Run

My Cars
    2014 435xi

2014 435xi Hit and Run

Hello,

My 2014 435 xi with 26,XXX km was hit by a large lifted 1 ton truck in a parking lot and I was hoping to get opinions on the potential damage.

I have video of the accident (and as such got the person's info). The truck was parked beside my car. It went to pull out forward and the step bar scraped the front of the car, the rear tire of his truck then hit the front of my drivers side tire torqueing the tires over and wedged itself into the wheel well and jerked the car forward 2-4 inches or so bringing his truck to a stop. He then hit the gas and his truck again jerked the car, his truck bounced sideways and the tire that was caught landed where you can see the skid mark on the ground.

This is what I am left with.

Cosmetic stuff aside I am worried about the steering, suspension, and potential frame damage. The tire on the passenger side is tilted all kinds of wrong it looks like. Also worried about what a car being pulled forward like this might do to the transmission, which is what effectively held the car in place.

Anyone out there any have anything similar occur? Are the BMW certified shops out there well versed in dealing with potential structural damage? I read tons of posts about how great they are on body work but at this point I am far more worried about the mechanical stuff and the frame.

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions.

My Cars
    z3
    Take it to a shop, at best youll get close guesses from people online looking at a picture. You wont get solid answers either way, though I dont think the transmission will have any damage from that (not really sure how it would)

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!