Hey chaps. I been contemplating what to do with my e36 euro that I’ve had sitting around for some time.

Its an occasional track day car.

Currently has a low Comp 8.5:1 built engine s50b32 with schrick 284 cams. I Irene rly have a vortech supercharger bolted to it and was almost ready to start tuning it. Only problem is I’ve been sidetrack with a few other cars and have been playing with my vortech fed m60 in my e34.

Ive done a little research and found the m60 is a reasonably easy transplant into the e36 body the main issues bring engine mount and sump both with purchasable solutions for them.

The logic of the thinking is im just a little concerned that if the s50b32 will fail again under track conditions requiring an expensive 15k rebuild (and an expensive divorce from the mrs) whereas the m60 is plentiful and will cost only about 1k and can almost be treated as a disposable commodity. The rod ratio on the m60 is far better for track work and will only need to be spun to 7000rpm rather than 8000+ for the s50b32. In hindsight I probably would have been better off turbocharging the s50.

I can easily sell off the s50 and 420g box and have enough budget to complete the swap. Also having learnt what works with a force fed m60 I alr day have a template for brackets pulleys and all the other tricky stuff. Fuel system already has e85 base with surge tank, with dual in line Bosch 044 pumps.

Am i mad?