Thread: Monterey 2018 / Legends of the Autobahn / Festorics Laguna Seca Raceway

My Cars
    1993 BMW 850CI

Monterey 2018 / Legends of the Autobahn / Festorics Laguna Seca Raceway

It is that time of year and once more time to polish up your 8 and join the festivities! Last year we had 6 cars at the Legends, and it was a lot of fun. I know Rod, aka M6BigDog is planning to attend, anyone else? it would be great to meet up before the show and arrive together. Nothing like a line of 8's making an entrance. The new 8 series will be on display this year. For anyone contemplating coming, better get busy looking for a place to stay, as it will be crazy, as there are so many events all over the peninsula, and the regulars tend to reserve way in advance. I live close to the track as some of you are aware, and there are a few places we can meet up. The Porsche Werks reunion is at Corral de Tierra CC again this year which can make for an interesting twofer as Pasadera (Niclaus Club / Legends) is very close.

My Cars
    94 Euro BMW 850CSi 892
    I know myself and a couple of guys from down here are going. We also have Taylor’s car at the BMW Villa with the new 8-Series.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 850CI
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec Cartio View Post
    I know myself and a couple of guys from down here are going. We also have Taylor’s car at the BMW Villa with the new 8-Series.
    Hi Alec, glad you all can make it. I saw you sold your 8, Hope we catch up during the week. Hopefully there will be a few more of us to make the trek.

My Cars
    1997 e31
    I'll be camped at the corkscrew/turn 9 starting Thursday (silver Mercedes- my e38 "camper" recently totaled) if anyone is at the track looking for some shade.
    Busy Friday but will try & stop by- my son and his e31 will be in school that week.

Lane

My Cars
    1993 BMW 850CI
    Quote Originally Posted by AJe31 View Post
    I'll be camped at the corkscrew/turn 9 starting Thursday (silver Mercedes- my e38 "camper" recently totaled) if anyone is at the track looking for some shade.
    Busy Friday but will try & stop by- my son and his e31 will be in school that week.

Lane
    Hi Lane,
    It will be a fun and busy week, and so hope to meet up. I'm sure many beers will be enjoyed trackside at the BMW area on turn 5. Mike

My Cars
    Disco II 850i MERs 750il
    If other things work out I’ll be there.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 850CI
    Like last year, I propose that anyone that wishes to join up meet around 7AM to 7:30AM at the corner of Hwy. 68 and Corral de Tierra Rd. The realty parking lot on the South East corner is a good spot. Early birds can watch all the Porsches heading for the Werks reunion at Corral de Tierra CC. pass bye. It is fun to watch them admiring our 8's. It is only about a 2.5 mile drive to the Legends, and always impressive when we rumble in.

My Cars
    850Ci, M5, Model-S P85D
    Cool, I'll Be there.
    Display Class cars are placed on field between 8:00–9:00 a.m., which gives us some time to watch the procession of cars, before heading to Legends.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 850CI
    Quote Originally Posted by m6bigdog View Post
    Cool, I'll Be there.
    Display Class cars are placed on field between 8:00–9:00 a.m., which gives us some time to watch the procession of cars, before heading to Legends.
    See you on Friday Rod, or perhaps on Carmel on Tuesday or Thursday. It has been a bit warm here lately, but the nights are fine.

My Cars
    94 Euro BMW 850CSi 892
    Steve and I will be there

My Cars
    1993 BMW 850CI
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec Cartio View Post
    Steve and I will be there
    Hi Alec, Looking forward to us all being together to celebrate once again. It will be hard to top the Big gathering a few years ago, but once more we will have fun! Most likely will be seeing you at the BMW Villa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbro View Post
    If other things work out I’ll be there.
    Hope you can make it.

My Cars
    '97 E31
    I'll be stopping by Legends tomorrow. Hoping to bring my 840, depending on a few quick fixes tonight. For the spectators, where is everyone parking?

My Cars
    1993 BMW 850CI

Pre Legends meet up

Quote Originally Posted by kamskeez View Post
    I'll be stopping by Legends tomorrow. Hoping to bring my 840, depending on a few quick fixes tonight. For the spectators, where is everyone parking?
    Since the Porsche Werks reunion is just down the street on Corral de Tierra rd south of HWY 68, the possibility exists that our meet up at the Realty parking lot on the South East corner may be occupied. The alternate is the Church on the North side of HWY 68. BMWCCA wants us to arrive no sooner than 8 AM. Hope to see everyone. Once we are at Pasadena / The Nicklaus club, we will be directed to our display area. I will be at the meeting place about 7:15 / 7:30 AM. Mike