Thread: Need to Flash my replacement ECU (DSC Module) to the same VIN# - PLEASE HELP

My Cars
    2011 BMW X3 28i xDrive

Need to Flash my replacement ECU (DSC Module) to the same VIN# - PLEASE HELP

Hi,
    I have a 2011 BMW X3 (F25) XDrive 28i and like many others, I have experienced the Warning Light Trifecta (ABS, DSC, and Brake).
    I have purchased another DSC module off of a exact same year/make/model salvage vehicle, that actually came with the exact same part number. I did replace the module however the lights remained on, this is obviously due to the fact that the replacement DSC module is programed with a different VIN # and I need to change its VIN # to mine.

I've looked through many forums and also YouTube but I don't find any good tutorials on how to actually flash the DSC module. And since I've never done anything to this extend, i'm a bit nervous.

I currently have E-SYS and ISTA software with an ENET cable. Apparently I can only run E-SYS on my F25.

Can someone please explain how to do this step by step or provide me links to some good tutorials so I can get this done? I really appreciate your help.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Did you do any actual diagnosing before replacing DSC module? So many faults can cause all 3 lights to come up.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2011 BMW X3 28i xDrive
    Sorry for the late response, I was out of town for a couple of days.
    To answer your question, I did take my car to my local BMW dealership and they ran a diagnostic test on it and they basically told me my DSC module is internally messed up and thats what is causing my issue. I did get a copy of the fault codes, which are following:
    480131 [ICM: Internal Control Unit Fault]
    480A5B [DSC unit: Internal, pump, speed]
    D017A3 [DSC interface (actual number of sensor edges wheel, 64.1.2): Signal invalid]
    D017C5 [Interface DSC (actual speed, wheel, 46.0.1): Signal invalid]
    D3AC8D [DSC interface (status, hydraulic function, 25D): Signal invalid]

It looks like I have couple of bad speed sensors, which based on some forums I was reading may be the actual cause of this issue. I did ask the dealer to tell me which speed sensors were bad, but they refused to tell me. Basically they said I had to change all of them and they weren't able to tell me based on the fault codes, which I think is absolute B.S. and they just wanted me to spend money.

I also read that, this could be due to a low battery and I had my battery recharged and nothing changed.

Anyway, now when I run E-SYS on my car, it doesn't tell me anything about the speed sensors, but it does tell me that I have a bad DSC module. to be honest I'm not sure if i'm actually running the software correctly, since I'm new to this, but i'm going to try again tomorrow morning.

Is there a website that I can enter these fault codes into and get detailed analysis?
    Also, other than bad speed sensors, low battery & a bad DSC module, what else can cause this?

Thank you