I have this issue with my car stereo. I am searching for a solution which allows me to change tracks on spotify by either using the buttons on the wheel or the buttons on the radio. So far I have not found a solution for this problem.

I am able to play music from spotify downloaded to my iphone but unable to change tracks back or forth. In the car I have an original wire with a 30pin - a wide bastard meant to be compatible with apple products. There are a few instruction videoes online about this - well it doesn't work in my car. First of all, it looks like Apple stopped producing those wide injection spot ipods in 2014. So the only way to use those new ipods is through a 30pin lightning jack, which I have tried. And yes I am able to play songs from spotify on the car stereo, but unable to change songs. Of course I could just buy a cd and get to change songs from the steering wheel, but there are too many cool songs on Spotify. And I don't have BT either.

So what to do? Has anyone any experience on this topic?

One possibility might be to buy a BT controller which could be able to communicate with the phone and the spotify app and that way be able to change songs, but I haven't found that kind of technology either.

I would happy for some input.

Besides that have a nice day.