Thread: 3.4L S-54 Engine, Trans, Stand Alone Bosch ECU, Headers & CSL CF Intake for Sale -BAT

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe

3.4L S-54 Engine, Trans, Stand Alone Bosch ECU, Headers & CSL CF Intake for Sale -BAT

sold sold sold sold
    Last edited by CMM3; 08-12-2018 at 06:16 PM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Is this yours?

My Cars
    '01 3.0 ZCoupe
    What the f@#%? What is happening here?

My Cars
    z3
    What are you replacing it with?

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe
    Yes it's mine, Moving onto a new project - looking to drop an LS into the car.

My Cars
    E90M3
    May I ask why you're choosing to move on to an LS? Dont get me wrong, this is my plan as well and I fully support it, but you have such a nice S54 that I'm a little surprised you'd want to ditch it in favor of something that looses 1500RPM (unless you're looking to make 500+hp)??

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2006 M3
    Pretty interested, as I've actually just pulled the engine out of my car. Does this come with everything needed to self tune it? (think it needs a converter box?)

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by lapoune View Post
    Pretty interested, as I've actually just pulled the engine out of my car. Does this come with everything needed to self tune it? (think it needs a converter box?)
    The MS4 is already tuned for the engine, cams, airbox and shouldn't need to be modified unless the collector back exhaust is dramatically different. It's not really a self-tune system but to answer your question you can BY an MSA interface that allows for PC tuning of the MS4. Turner had the box so I never purchased one.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2006 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by CMM3 View Post
    The MS4 is already tuned for the engine, cams, airbox and shouldn't need to be modified unless the collector back exhaust is dramatically different. It's not really a self-tune system but to answer your question you can BY an MSA interface that allows for PC tuning of the MS4. Turner had the box so I never purchased one.
    Pretty much the reason I ask. I have 6-1 headers and the sensor configuration is also different. Would stay as-is for a while but I love messing with this stuff as much as driving the cars.

Hopefully you continue posting your LS stuff here! I will be bidding on this one

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    This is likely a stupid question...but I'm asking anyway.

Since you're swapping engines, are you by chance getting rid of the S54 gauge cluster as well? I'm in need of one, and I'm curious if that's in the cards for your coupe. If so, I'm obviously interested. If not, apologies for my ignorance.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    just wondering. How much are you hoping this sells for?

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondata View Post
    May I ask why you're choosing to move on to an LS? Dont get me wrong, this is my plan as well and I fully support it, but you have such a nice S54 that I'm a little surprised you'd want to ditch it in favor of something that looses 1500RPM (unless you're looking to make 500+hp)??
    I used to do some time trials with COM Sports Car Club in the touring class which is why I built the engine to begin with. But since I no longer run with them I no longer have any limitations on the engine displacement or make so an LS is a viable option. As you may be able to tell I'm a sequential and habitual project person. So I've caught the bug and the idea having a Z3M8 is consuming me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sitdownrando View Post
    This is likely a stupid question...but I'm asking anyway.

Since you're swapping engines, are you by chance getting rid of the S54 gauge cluster as well? I'm in need of one, and I'm curious if that's in the cards for your coupe. If so, I'm obviously interested. If not, apologies for my ignorance.
    Nope my gauge cluster is long gone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lbennyboobool View Post
    We'll see what the auction brings

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lapoune View Post
    Pretty much the reason I ask. I have 6-1 headers and the sensor configuration is also different. Would stay as-is for a while but I love messing with this stuff as much as driving the cars.
    Hopefully you continue posting your LS stuff here! I will be bidding on this one
    I also enjoy working on cars almost as much as driving them, especially unique stuff, I put a s-14 into a 91 318 once and then sold it. The along comes the z3M and s-54 build. So if I sell the engine I get to do something really unique again and I'm not ready to part with the Z3 yet.

If it sells I'll definitely start a new build thread. Hope you're successful in bidding and I can follow yours as well, Good luck !

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 02 Z3 2.5
    Quote Originally Posted by lbennyboobool View Post
    $1,000,000
    1999 M Coupe Boston Green, Beige, H&R/Bilsteins, Underdrive Pulleys, Euro 6 speed, UUC SSK and Randy Forbes in the back
    2002 2.5 Z3 roadster Oxford Green, auto, all stock
    2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually 385 HP, 850 ft lbs torque at 1600 rpm, all stock and staying that way
    2004 Mini Cooper Chili Red, daily driver, modified almost daily

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wertles View Post
    $1,000,000
    Good one !!

My Cars
    E90M3
    I'm looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. Totally understand the need to mess with a good thing

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 02 Z3 2.5
    Why do this in the middle of the season? I would think this is an excellent winter project.
    1999 M Coupe Boston Green, Beige, H&R/Bilsteins, Underdrive Pulleys, Euro 6 speed, UUC SSK and Randy Forbes in the back
    2002 2.5 Z3 roadster Oxford Green, auto, all stock
    2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually 385 HP, 850 ft lbs torque at 1600 rpm, all stock and staying that way
    2004 Mini Cooper Chili Red, daily driver, modified almost daily

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wertles View Post
    Why do this in the middle of the season? I would think this is an excellent winter project.
    a. Better to sell at this time of year so the buyer would have a winter project.

b. My experience shows it always takes twice as long to do a car project as you think so this gives me plenty of time to get ready for next year

C. It hasn't stopped raining in the Northeast for over a month and doesn't show any sign of stopping soon so the season has been kind of a wash out.

New build thread to start soon...