Thread: 2018 BMW M2 Coupe - Dinan Package F87 M2 S2 Signature Package - Feedback Appreciated

My Cars
    2018 BMW M2 Coupe

2018 BMW M2 Coupe - Dinan Package F87 M2 S2 Signature Package - Feedback Appreciated

Just purchased myself a 2018 BMW M2 Coupe. I made the transition from the Mercedes C63s AMG dark-side. I'm a novice when it comes to vehicles/performance options and I'm getting mixed feedback so am looking to the experts for recommendations.

This is a brand new vehicle and I want to enhance the performance to a degree and gain some extra horsepower, handling and torque. I was recommended to go with the above noted signature package which in Canada after install, runs me about $21,000. I was advised this will completely convert my vehicle to a rocket-ship and I would be thoroughly impressed.

Others tell me I am removing killer M series components in favor of Dinan parts which if my vehicle was around 5 years old, would make sense but to remove brand new M series components immediately is just wasting money. I'm told to enjoy the M series components and worry about upgrading later as it's simply wasting money but the shop tells me this package will completely transform my car. Yes, they say it's added money but the transformation of the vehicle itself will be well worth it plus my vehicle VIN is registered with Dinan as a premier vehicle.

As stated, I do not know much about vehicles and/or performance but want to really enjoy this vehicle to it's full potential. Any suggestions, advise and expertise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Enjoy the car stock for now - it's quite a beast already. I think it's a waste of money and it'll be more of a headache in the long run. Dinan is a fantastic company, don't get me wrong, but its def not worth $21k....just my 2 cents.
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2018 BMW M2 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Parts View Post
    Enjoy the car stock for now - it's quite a beast already. I think it's a waste of money and it'll be more of a headache in the long run. Dinan is a fantastic company, don't get me wrong, but its def not worth $21k....just my 2 cents.
    Thank you for the information. After consideration, the M package is a great one and not one I would want to tinker with as a brand new unit. Like many said, once the car starts to give a little bit years down the line, I can invest in something like this but $21K is a huge investment to essentially remove brand new M series components simply to replace them. Fully agree with your response and that of some others who provided information and are owners of these beautiful vehicles.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerguy2018 View Post
    Thank you for the information. After consideration, the M package is a great one and not one I would want to tinker with as a brand new unit. Like many said, once the car starts to give a little bit years down the line, I can invest in something like this but $21K is a huge investment to essentially remove brand new M series components simply to replace them. Fully agree with your response and that of some others who provided information and are owners of these beautiful vehicles.
    A 2019 M2 Competition is $4k more with 50 more horsepower from an F80/82 S55 among numerous other upgrades. If you want to spend money on mods, get a whole new car for a bargain in comparison.