Thread: Secondary washer tank

My Cars
    90' 735iL, 90' 535i, 93'

Secondary washer tank

Hello all, hope your wrenching is going well. I have another dog day nuance I could use some insight with.

I've recently discovered that some bmws from this have a second washer fluid tank for "intensive" cleaning. And that it could be activated by pushing the wiper stalk in towards the steering column or towards the cluster. I have had no such luck activating this secondary function.

I also found the headlight sprayers at the junkyard but I don't think the car was originally equipped with them. There is another unused connector on near the auxiliary (passenger) fluid tank that I have been curious about for quite some time as well.

Thanks for any insight, I always appreciate it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hCn...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pSa...w?usp=drivesdk

My Cars
    1992 750il / 1991 560 SE
    Shogun may have more insight, but if I recall the intensive setup was a euro function. US models only operate the standard wash function every so many times of the use of the standard windshield wash function. I think its every 5th windshield was will wash the headlights. I could be mistaken as its been a while since I used it, much less drove my 7. As for the tank itself, mine is missing a pump for the smaller area of the tank which would use concentrate washing fluid. You seem to indicate a sepetate second tank, mine being the V12 7 has one take, with two portions.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Depending on what was ordered originally, number of washer pumps:
    2: windshield washer + intensiv cleaner
    3: windshield washer + intensiv cleaner + duo pump for headlight cleaning (starting xx/88)
    4: windshield washer + intensiv cleaner + two pumps for headlight cleaner (upto xx/88)

The windshield washer pumps are mounted in the tank next to the engine on the 750 unless if you have the headlight cleaning system. then the intensiv pump is in the main reservoir and the headlight cleaning pump will be in the lower reservoir with the headlight cleaning pumps.
    If your car does not have this, best is you look in the online EBA retrofit instructions, if there is something https://bmweba.com/tag/e32/

Headlight washer only works when lights are on. See also owners manual
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    90' 735iL, 90' 535i, 93'
    I appreciate the responses. I'm going to do a VIN lookup again to figure out what this car came off the lot with. I have the 735 which has a ridiculously roomy engine bay. I'm thinking that the resevior on the passenger side is for intensive cleaning, and the driver's side tank is for water.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    here a DIY on an E34: : Intense Screen Washer Retrofit http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/1269609
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!