Thread: 328i Cranks but won’t start.

328i Cranks but won’t start.

I have a 2010 328i with a no start issue and was looking to see if anyone can help me. The car never had any prior issues or work done that could be connected to this issue. it just randomly wouldn’t start this morning. The car cranks strong and I also tried jumping it just Incase the battery was weak. it’s very unlikely it’s a battery issue. The car has fuel but I don’t hear the fuel pump priming and the car doesn’t appear to have spark. I only have two codes for steering angle sensor and a EWS4 error that only appears after trying to start more than three times. So far I’ve checked every fuse,
    disconnected the battery for ten minutes,
    registered the battery,
    jumped the car,
    I looked over every connection in the engine bay, DME box and trunk. At this point I’m at a loss. If anyone can help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 335i E91
    This must be something related to the EWS.

My Cars
    1998 328is
    The fuel pump and fuel injectors wont have permission to operate unless the CAS module allows it. So you need to have that module scanned and diagnosed
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    99 528i 5speed Alpine white(Totaled Unfortunately)
    Oil pan and timing chain delete, weight reduction right?
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    2002 525it
    So I am having the same problem. I just purchased a 2006 325i. Previous owner said the car ran great and then started to have slow starts. They put a new alternator and battery in it, but now it won't start. It cranks over and stumbles a little bit like it wants to start, but never does. It has fuel pressure, but I don't have a gauge. There are no codes but I'm assuming that would have been cleared with the new battery. The starter still turns a little slow, so that might be in my immediate future. Is there something special that needs to be done to the car when a battery is replaced? Any other ideas. I'm starting from scratch. Really clean little car with 180k miles. Picked it up cheap because of the issue. So now I am starting the troubleshooting process. I currently have an '02 e39 wagon that I have wrenched on for the last few years. Great car. I hope that this little car works out for my daughter.

Couple questions from above. What is the EWS and the CAS?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm not sure if it is related, but the car will not pull out of park even with my foot on the brake. Had to manually un latch it from underneath. Not sure if they are related or not.
    "If it was easy, everybody would do it!"

2002 525i Wagon, Silver with piano black accents on black interior
    19" F10 M-Sport wheels

My Cars
    528i
    Ews. Is a security device to prevent theft. So I just recently started have an issue with my e39 528i wagon 1999. Found missing pins on the DME. They rusted loose. Still lost, thought I could swap the EWS and DME from my parts car, but I think I have to send it in to ecu doctors to have them program it. 175$.