Thread: 5 cylinder no compression

My Cars
    2007 BMW 530i

5 cylinder no compression

HI! I have 2007 BMW 530I. I just purchased the car and it was driving without any issues, did the oil change and passed the smog right away.
    For about a week everything worked great. One day i was driving the car, again no issues, for a about less than an hour, parked it and left for about 20 mins. When I started the car again it became extremely shaky. I turned it off and started again, same problem occurred. Turned it off again and towed it to BMW service center. Car did not overheat, no warning lights were on. In service center I was told that the problem was a bad battery, and that replacement should fix the problem. After battery replacement car was still shaking, I was told, that control unit and steering column needed replacement. My car was at their service for about 3 days.
    I picked up my car from them, as all they were saying did not have a sense, and towed it to another store, where they diagnosed absence of compression in the 5 cylinder.
    Been to a couple stores no one could tell what happened to the car.
    Does anyone know, what could be the reason? And why official BMW misdiagnosed the problem?
    How can I check if engine has been switched?
    Looking forward for your help.
    Thank you!

My Cars
    2004 E60 545i
    Ok, will give you my WAG on your situation.....(first I do hope BMW dealer didn’t charge you for their stupid), now what could have happened, several things but to find out for sure likely will have to open up engine.
    Possible the 5 piston blew a hole in it or something caused the valves to spring a leak or maybe fuel injector popped out.
    you didn’t mention any faultcodes??
    Why do you suspect engine was switched, when or where?
    ">'85 Mlite E30, '98 E36, 1998 528i, 5 spd manual, black on black, sold in 2012 and still going past 350Kkms, now MYSTIC Blue 2004 545i, 6 spd Steptr., Adaptive steering and Xenons, Anti dazzle mirrors. Aux+Belt-Chime+Dig speedo+iDrive discl. 2007 TCU+BT Coded+Sure BT Board

My Cars
    991.1 / 958.2
    If there is a misfire, start with the basics.
    Swap spark plugs and other parts to see if the misfire follows the moving part.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2007 BMW 530i
    There are fault codes it had P0305, P0300.
    Spark plugs and ignition coils were fine. How 5 cylinder could loose compression if the car was parked?

- - - Updated - - -

There is an update and I need some help!
    So my mechanic recommended to switch broken engine to the new used one.
    Once he did so new faults appear.
    P0050 and P0155.
    Anybody knows what that means and if new engine could cause it?
    Thank you!

My Cars
    2001 525it
    You should have gone back to the dealer and talked with the service manager about it. if what they did was supposed to fix the problem it seems like it's not fixed. Don't talk with the service advisor they have no power talk with the service manager, he will talk to the foreman. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 530i
    I did, also provided him with copy of my correspondence with service advisor and explained my concerns. He refused to provide faults list or any explanation, threw self written diagnostic report in to my face, knocked over the chair and left the room... Director came and said to take my car and get out from there. It was at Pacific BMW in Los Angeles, so you know, where not to take your car

My Cars
    991.1 / 958.2
    Part of the story is missing here. Most of this does not make any sense.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2007 BMW 530i
    Unfortunately, that is the story, that's why I'm confused and trying to find some help.