Thread: Botched Pit Stop: Ferrari Boss Marchionne KIA

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo

Botched Pit Stop: Ferrari Boss Marchionne KIA

Former Ferrari chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne has passed away at the age of 66, just days after the company announced a succession plan.

Marchionne had entered hospital for shoulder surgery, but after the operation his condition deteriorated rapidly, with reports suggesting that an embolism had led to a coma.

On July 21, Ferrari reported that it had "learned with deep sadness during its meeting today that chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne will be unable to return to work."

It was announced that John Elkann would become chairman, and Louis C Camilleri be named as CEO.

In a statement issued today, Elkann, the grandson of former Fiat boss Gianni Agnelli, said: "Unfortunately, what we feared has come to pass. Sergio Marchionne, man and friend, is gone.

"I believe that the best way to honour his memory is to build on the legacy he left us, continuing to develop the human values of responsibility and openness of which he was the most ardent champion.

"My family and I will be forever grateful for what he has done. Our thoughts are with Manuela, and his sons Alessio and Tyler."

Formula 1 boss Chase Carey added: "We are deeply saddened by the passing of Sergio Marchionne. He was a great leader of not just Formula 1 and the automobile world, but the business world overall.

"He led with great passion, energy and insight, and inspired all around him. His contributions to Formula 1 are immeasurable. He was also a true friend to all of us and he will be deeply missed."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ed-66-1063782/

Life is short. Don't drive boring cars.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    RIP. Last I heard he was severely ill and was stepping down from his position.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3

Botched Pit Stop: Ferrari Boss Marchionne KIA

Damn, that happened quick. Will be interesting to see how new boss handles Ferrari team.
    Last edited by badmonkey; 07-25-2018 at 12:55 PM.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC