Hello, this is the next part of my series of questions in regards to my car. I drive (well drove) a 1998 528i M52 engine BMW which is my very first car and I am new to its maintenance and repair issues. If you could look at my previous post I'd appreciate it. Anyways, I'm changing the cylinder head on my car due to the original one being cracked and I am currently cleaning the piston areas from carbon residue. My question is how do I properly time the engine upon assembly? I did not insert the locking pin into the flywheel as I would be moving the crankshaft to lower and raise the pistons for cleaning. I understand it is said that when putting the engine together it is necessary to rotate the crank a few degrees to keep the pistons and valves from clashing. Therefore, once the head is on and the pistons and valves did not clash, how do I proceed to align the camshafts to TDC with the engine? I have the locking blocks for the cams I'm just worried about how to align the engine itself to the cams without damaging any components as well as when to lock the flywheel in place. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I really need the advice. Thanks!