Thread: Any opportunities to get e36 m3 on track besides HPDE events in New England?

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO

Any opportunities to get e36 m3 on track besides HPDE events in New England?

Hey guys, did my first hyperdiver event the other day at Limerock in CT with Jay from Trackcar4rent. Had a good time, also took a ride in a Vette with a very good driver and now looking for opportunities to take my own turbo e36 to a track. Just looking for advice as far as are their clubs that rent entire tracks on certain days that I can hook up with or is NASANE and HPDE events really the only way to get on the track. Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Greg
    ICS Stage 1 NickG tune, 60lb Injectors, Blow through MAF, Synapse BOV, Boostlogic Manifold, BW-S366, Full 4" exhaust, Built Block w/ Wiseco's and K1 Rods = Good Times

My Cars
    Various junk
    Are you looking for more track time than a normal driver's education day? There are a few organizations that have a lot more run groups and instruction -- a good example is Chin or Apex, but they are pricier than the average HPDE, but can have better instructors.

Palmer Motorsports Park has open lapping days for more experienced drivers. You show up and drive. Some days are quieter than others. Sometimes you will run into people that have low situational awareness because the format is so open.

SCCA runs a program "Track Night in America" where you also just show up and drive. There's some instruction if it's one of your first events. I've never done a TNIA event but I hear it's a good way to get some cheap track time.
    Last edited by FredK; 07-17-2018 at 07:32 PM.

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    Really looking for at least like 3 or 4 times like they do have for HPDE. I’m guessing that may be my best option but I wanted to see if there was anything else. Also I would prefer to have someone with me for teaching purposes but not sure if they would want to be in my car with stock seats and seat belts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ICS Stage 1 NickG tune, 60lb Injectors, Blow through MAF, Synapse BOV, Boostlogic Manifold, BW-S366, Full 4" exhaust, Built Block w/ Wiseco's and K1 Rods = Good Times

My Cars
    Various junk
    Oh, yeah in that case there are a lot of different organizations in our area besides NASA. BMWCCA, Audi Club, COM, Porsche Club, etc, where you can get 4 or 5 run sessions with an instructor.

Stock seats and belts are fine.