Thread: Steering

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325Ci 5spd manu

Steering

So me and my car recently got pushed into a curb by another driver and hit the curb decently hard. Took it to NTB (terrible idea i know) to get new tires as i needed the car for work. Fast forward two weeks and here we are now NTB said that the car looked fine and they aligned it so in theory the wheels are in-line. But recently at highway speeds (65+) the car is TWITCHY as can be and it constantly feels like it’s pulling to the right but ONLY at highway speeds. So i assumes it wasn’t the allignment. So where i get off the highway for work everyday it’s a big clover leaf exit and it’s a decently sharp turn but that last time i took the exit the car was kind of hoping in a sense. i just thought it was the wheel rubbing the fender well since the car is lowered and i’m bilstien B8 sport suspension. then i took a peak at the fender liner and there was no marks anywhere so kind of concerned about what could be up. Last year the control arms and struts, shocks, sprints, bearings, everything was redone it doesn’t make sense need some more expert advice! Thanks!

My Cars
    E46 wag. E36 convertible
    Based on what you report as incidence...and for us understanding that you have a heavily modified suspension....You need to..for repair...and an estimate (Progressive-Farmers-Aetna-Allstate) Custom car are usually insured today by specialty insurance.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by mason.brandt View Post
    So me and my car recently got pushed into a curb by another driver and hit the curb decently hard. Took it to NTB (terrible idea i know) to get new tires as i needed the car for work. Fast forward two weeks and here we are now NTB said that the car looked fine and they aligned it so in theory the wheels are in-line. But recently at highway speeds (65+) the car is TWITCHY as can be and it constantly feels like it’s pulling to the right but ONLY at highway speeds. So i assumes it wasn’t the allignment. So where i get off the highway for work everyday it’s a big clover leaf exit and it’s a decently sharp turn but that last time i took the exit the car was kind of hoping in a sense. i just thought it was the wheel rubbing the fender well since the car is lowered and i’m bilstien B8 sport suspension. then i took a peak at the fender liner and there was no marks anywhere so kind of concerned about what could be up. Last year the control arms and struts, shocks, sprints, bearings, everything was redone it doesn’t make sense need some more expert advice! Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum! Take it to a suspension shop (members here can recommend one in your area) and have them assess the damage. Since the accident was not your fault, maybe it makes sense to have the dealer take care of everything.
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2001 330i and 2005 330i
    If you hit the curb hard enough, you could have wrecked the lower control arms. They might look just fine underneath but my guess is that they are bent. It's happened to me hitting a sinkhole at 35 MPH. Replaced all sorts of stuff but still feeling a wobble. Decided to replace the bearings LCA's and LCAB's. The bearing cup had a divot in it. Matching the new arms to the old, the right side was off by 1/4 inch to the rear.
    Johnny Murray