BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2002 Dinan M3 for sale

My Cars
    2002 Dinan M3

2002 Dinan M3 for sale

Make / Model: BMW 2002 Dinan E46 M3 (coupe) For Sale $25,000
    VIN: WBSBL93482JR16840
    Mileage: 25,175
    Options / Color: Carbon Black, premium leather interior in black, SMG II gearbox
    Length of ownership: Original owner, never tracked, no accidents, garage stored, no winter driving
    Maintenance records: was regularly maintained, doubtful I have all the receipts
    Shipping: negotiable
    Ask price: $25,000

Dinan mods:
    cold air intake
    throttle bodies
    Dinan differential gearing
    exhaust
    front / rear strut tower braces
    software

Other mods:
    Euro headers
    Supersprint high flow cats
    (OBD II sensors deactivated, but makes clean emissions)
    HRE wheels (custom)
    Moton Club Sport suspension (shocks, springs, sway bars, reservoirs, etc.)
    Brembo brakes

I am the original owner and this was my first new car. It’s been mostly sitting for the last 6 years or so in my climate controlled garage. It’s sentimental so I’ve held on to it but I could use the garage space back and so it’s time to let it go. I take it out for a short drive a few times a year just to exercise it a bit. It’s always on a trickle charger and has stabilizer in the fuel. All of the work and maintenance was all performed by Fall Line Motorsports in Illinois. They maintained all the fluids, suspension tuning, Dinan installs (they were an official Dinan installer). I’m sure I had all the receipts from the work and maintenance but I don’t even know where to go looking for them now. As the car has not been used regularly it needs a full fluids change and probably a general maintenance check up (check plugs, belts, etc.). When I take it out I don’t wind it out for that reason. It also has the airbag recall that needs to be performed which is at BMW’s cost. It still starts up instantly and runs flawlessly and sounds great! There is some interior aging. The window rubber seals are dry and there is some cosmetic cracking of the interior plastic panels, in particular near the shifter. I asked someone who used to work on the car about it and apparently it’s fairly common on E46s.

It has Euro spec exhaust headers (which was good for extra horsepower). The US spec headers had the cats embedded in the headers right where the exhaust comes out of the cylinders. This was for US cold start emissions but made for more back pressure. The euro headers are wide open and we put high flow Supersprint cats further back in the exhaust chain. So the car makes clean emissions but the OBD II sensors don't work. Fine for WI and most states but a problem for IL. IL requires emission check every few years and they don't do a tail pipe sniffer they just plug into the OBD II sensors. And that throws an error. I used to have the car in IL and then moved it to my house in WI which is about the time when it mostly sat in the garage.

There were a couple of versions of the Moton suspension at that time. This is the ‘Club Sport’ kit which was really the only one that they recommended for street and track. The other version was pure track and they did not recommend it for regular street driving. Apparently it was quite harsh. As the car was intended to be a street car with the occasional track day I went with that. Then I just worked all the time, got married, had kids and never took it to the track so it stayed just a street car. To be clear the car was never tracked. There is no comparison between the handling on this car and a stock M3.

pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zn4b3uxlt...64d8We92a?dl=0
    Last edited by dos3; 07-19-2018 at 02:08 PM. Reason: additional info

My Cars
    B5 S4
    PM sent...though it doesn't show up in my 'sent messages' folder, so let me know if you don't see it!

My Cars
    e30 m3 - ls2v8
    Small world. I too am a Lake Geneva resident. Interested in the M3.

Not on the forums very often. Please email. Cheers, Jason

My Cars
    2002 Dinan M3
    I sent you a PM with my email. If it doesn't come through please try sending me yours. Thanks.

My Cars
    11 M3/05 ZHP/100 Series
    PM Sent!
    -Chris

CURRENT - 2007 GT3 in GT Silver - 2003 330i ZHP in Silver Gray - 2011 M3 Sedan
    6MT Only

My Cars
    2015 i8, 2016 M4
    I wanted to see if the car is still for sale? If so you can reach me at 2102463580 IAN