Thread: ECS Tuning slow shipping...

My Cars
    97 M3 Sedan, 04 Forester

ECS Tuning slow shipping...

Is ECS Tuning known for really slow shipping? I do not see how that would be possible for a company of that size, but I'm a bit turned off by an order I placed on the 9th, and from the support I had received when I brought it to their attention.

I'm not trying to bash on ECS, I just find it unacceptable when compared to other companies I have purchased from recently. FCP Euro specifically... I have placed three orders in the last month from FCP Euro which ships from Connecticut ECS seems to ship from Ohio which is actually closer to me as I live in WA State. Recent FCP Euro orders: One order I placed on June 30th, it arrived July 2nd. I placed two orders on July 4th and received both July 6th.

I placed an order from ECS Tuning on July 9th, expected shipping was the 11th, ok no big deal, a little slower than FCP Euro. I get an email on the 11th saying my order has shipped, been tracking it ever since... It was finally updated this morning, and finally arrived at the FedEx carrier yesterday the 15th, expected delivery is Sat the 21st lol... I could honestly order the same items from FCP Euro, and would still receive it before this order arrives.

I talked to ECS Tuning support and they basically acknowledged the delay and looked into it, and just passed the blame onto FedEx saying they were late in updating the tracking, and not sure why it took them so long to update the tracking, and were unsure what the delay was. The rep said orders will usually take at least 5 business days to arrive. It took about 5 days to arrive at FedEx.

So based on that first experience I will most likely not be purchasing from them anymore.

Sorry for the rant, who do you prefer to order from and why?

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3/4/5
    I also find ECS to have slow shipping, compared to just about any online retailer, coming from anywhere. They do, however, have the best website.

My Cars
    BMW
    bowenac can you shoot me a PM with the order number? I'd like to look into your order and bring it up to our logistics coordinator.

-James

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    I've never had any issues with ECS....if the shipping is slow, make sure it doesn't say somewhere under the item that it is a "direct" shipment from the vendor....took me almost 2 x weeks to get my wheels because of it
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    97 M3 Sedan, 04 Forester
    Quote Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
    bowenac can you shoot me a PM with the order number? I'd like to look into your order and bring it up to our logistics coordinator.

-James
    PM Sent

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    I live 100 miles away from ECS. Ordered a few items with free shipping. Arrived at the local FedEx hub (13 miles from me) early on Saturday. Scheduled delivery is this Friday by ‘end of day’. I’d say FedEx is the problem. If I need something bad enough I’ll just drive up and get it!

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3
    That's why I am using an epacket tracker every time I am purchasing something online. In this way, I feel safer about my package. Because you can not be sure that your package will come at the indicated time, I will recommend you next time to be more careful while ordering online. Moreover, as you've realized, even the big companies can have problems with the delivery services. But I am sure that companies of this size will manage to solve this problem. Hope you will be able to receive your parcel.
    Last edited by kimbedly; 07-29-2021 at 05:29 AM.