Thread: New Member /owner e36 m3

My Cars
    Audi s4 2010 stage 2 e36

New Member /owner e36 m3

Hi guys my name is Lucas wanna say hello to everyone and looking for some help from you guys I am new owner of e36 m3 , Let me introduce myself I am from Poland living here in USA. New York for 13 years My English is not perfect so please be easy on me ,have also 2010 audi s4 slightly modded I take audi often to track but I wanna more fun car at track so I bought this e36 m3. Engine is out of car previous owner took out of car and never finished working on it and sell me car for cheap couldn’t let it go see her I am with car and engine out need help from you guys. What’s the best parts to use to rebuild this bad boy where to shop and where to start
    Thank you guys waiting on some help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Hello Lucas, welcome to the forum!

Places to get OEM parts and some aftermarket: RMeuropean.com Pelicanparts.com Rockauto.com ECStuning.com

Post some pictures of your project! you might have to use an outside image host because you don't have enough personal posts yet.
    Attn. NEWBIES: Use the search feature, 98% has already been discussed.
    Click the search button, select "search single content type", select the "e36 sub forum" specifically, try the "search titles" then try the "search entire posts".

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Welcome.

I'll also add fcpeuro.com to that list. They will have a good selection and price on any OEM part. Also, use realoem.com for your particular car/year to find the right part numbers.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Welcome! FCP euro for sure as already mentioned.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    Audi s4 2010 stage 2 e36

That’s the pictures of my puzzle car lol. Any good DIY. For this engine I go Bentley book And thank you for info about websites

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    While you have the motor out:

- Drop the oil pan to replace the gasket, and also address the oil pump nut (wire or weld to sprocket), plus anything else you want to do on the bottom end. At the very least make sure the oil pickup is in good shape, and should probably check out the bearings since it's easy to do on the stand.

- Super easy time to address any accessories, like water pump, thermostat and housing, alternator, PS pump, AC compressor, along with any of the associated plumbing. At the very least I'd do the thermostat plus housing and water pump unless you know they're new.

Hopefully the engine internals are ok and you don't need to have it rebuilt. The head is on, so maybe that means it's ok...

My Cars
    Audi s4 2010 stage 2 e36

Main Bering dyi

Hi I use search but can’t find anything I am new to this platform trying to find some help how to do main bearings any help from you guys ? Please go easy on me

My Cars
    e90 M3,X5,e46 racer
    Like, main bearings on your engine? You need to pull the engine and completely disassemble. Why do you think you need to do mains? Usually that means it's time for a new engine.
    Check out the 8legs Racing page: https://www.facebook.com/8legsRacing/

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5 & E46 LSB M3
    Welcome to BF.C! Nice Cosmos M3!
    1997 BMW ///M3 - Estoril Sedan 5MT - M-Rain Interior (1 of 1)
    2001 BMW ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue 6MT
    YouTube: (///Motorsport Throttle)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUM...pYSmibzy5YmUvQ

My Cars
    1998 Techno M3 Coupe
    Welcome! Nice car. Becareful of the words "while your in there ..."

My Cars
    Avus Cosmos Calypso!
    Welcome! If you have any oil left I suggest you do an oil analysis and see what kind of history you can get on it. S50 or S52? Looks like my car before it was rear ended (minus the LTWs).

Re-do the cooling system, address the oil pump (nut), and clean the block before re-installing. Kudos for saving an e36.

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    Congrats, and Sto lat! Where in NY? My Dad's side is from Cheektowaga and Rochester....large Polish communities there!

I order from ECS tuning. Basically, wherever the best deal is. FCPEuro offers lifetime warranty on everything though, which is tough to beat!
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    E36
    A lot of negative reviews for ECS lately....even though I've never had a problem personally. FCPEuro seems to be where everyone is going now.

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw328m52 View Post
    A lot of negative reviews for ECS lately....even though I've never had a problem personally. FCPEuro seems to be where everyone is going now.
    Same here...it seems like the negativity is more centered around the fact that ECS consumed Turner and Pelican because I've ordered tons of stuff from them and NEVER had an issue....and if I ever had an issue, they've fixed it without making a fuss. I mean, I really don't know. The ONLY thing I hate is their chat function on their site seems to not work consistently. I order parts from whomever gives me the best deal or it is a part I want a lifetime warranty.
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    I'll echo that. I've always had good support and responsiveness from ECS when I've needed it. I don't get why people are holding the fact that their parent company bought Turner/Pelican against them. They're also active on these forums.

That said, FCPEuro is great and I get almost all of my OEM parts there. Their site makes it fast and easy to find things especially compared to Pelican, and they typically have multiple options for any part. FCPEuro is more of a competitor to Pelican and not ECS/Turner, as they have basically no aftermarket stuff which ECS/Turner specialize in.

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by TostitoBandito View Post
    I'll echo that. I've always had good support and responsiveness from ECS when I've needed it. I don't get why people are holding the fact that their parent company bought Turner/Pelican against them. They're also active on these forums.

That said, FCPEuro is great and I get almost all of my OEM parts there. Their site makes it fast and easy to find things especially compared to Pelican, and they typically have multiple options for any part. FCPEuro is more of a competitor to Pelican and not ECS/Turner, as they have basically no aftermarket stuff which ECS/Turner specialize in.
    I think its more than that. With allegations of how they treated their employees to their misrepresentation of inventory/shipping. There have been cases where I ordered items from ECS and I get an email saying the package was delayed even though it showed up in stock on their website. Yea it sucked but I just learned to deal with it because they had the best price. There is a page on facebook called "Why I Hate ECS tuning" but seems to be filled with a bunch of trolls now......

My Cars
    Audi s4 2010 stage 2 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
    Welcome! Nice car. Becareful of the words "while your in there ..."

My Cars
    Audi s4 2010 stage 2 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by scooper View Post
    Welcome! If you have any oil left I suggest you do an oil analysis and see what kind of history you can get on it. S50 or S52? Looks like my car before it was rear ended (minus the LTWs).

Re-do the cooling system, address the oil pump (nut), and clean the block before re-installing. Kudos for saving an e36.
    I spoke to previous owner low compression on cylinder one

My Cars
    Audi s4 2010 stage 2 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
    Like, main bearings on your engine? You need to pull the engine and completely disassemble. Why do you think you need to do mains? Usually that means it's time for a new engine.
    Previous owner start rebuild by him self and drop the job half way I think full rebuild will hapPen got some quotes and I will dig to pocket and grab some money and rebuild her.

My Cars
    Audi s4 2010 stage 2 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWManiac View Post
    Congrats, and Sto lat! Where in NY? My Dad's side is from Cheektowaga and Rochester....large Polish communities there!

I order from ECS tuning. Basically, wherever the best deal is. FCPEuro offers lifetime warranty on everything though, which is tough to beat!
    I am 40 miles from city. Work in city too Jak sie masz ?

My Cars
    Audi s4 2010 stage 2 e36
    Hi guys was busy with life. I make decisions I will rebuild whole engine. Got few quotes. And between 5/6 k is estimate to rebuild her. I keep you guys updated when I drop her off to rebuild and progress. With car . Thanks for all your help. I check the website with parts I need few parts . I know of Ecs. fCp didn’t know about pelican. Ecs I get my big break kit for my Audi. So I know ECs is ok but they send me few time wrong stuff but all good. Thank you again guys I will post progress