So I just recently traded my 328is for an '84 325e that I thought was a pretty solid little car. That is until I decided to investigate what I thought was a small rust hole. Turns out, both the driverside and passenger side floor boards are damn near completely rotted out. It seems to have typical rust now that I am familiarizing myself with the problem areas on the E30, but the exterior of the car shows no signs of rust whatsoever.

I have gotten quotes on rust free used panels from bmrparts already, but they're a bit steep for me right now. I found a website called wallothnesch.com that sells a lot of structural E30 parts but unfortunately not floor pans. They do, however, sell floor pans for the E21. I was curious if anyone was familiar enough with both cars to know if there is any interchangeability between the floor pans at all. Otherwise my last option is to have a local sheet metal company make floor pans for the car, although I am unsure how I feel about installing non-oem like floor pans because I think it will mess up the pedal mounting, as well as the seat mounting. If I have to do custom floor pans I suppose it's just going to become a race car.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this subject for me and maybe if there are any more options. I manage a body shop so most everything is not really an issue to have done to my car.