Thread: Adjustable short stroke dampers

My Cars
    1994 540i M60B44 swap

Adjustable short stroke dampers

Hello all I am looking to convert my struts to coil overs and am looking for a recommendation for adjustable short stroke dampers. If you have any part numbers for good adjustable dampers let me know I was looking at a set of koni dampers but still very undecided open to any recommendations.

My Cars
    e34 525, s52 1993skyline
    You can try this company I plan on running a set myself. https://ceika-store.com/products/cct1m111

My Cars
    e28, e34, e39
    I use a KYB AGX adjustable shock (765016) together with 350lb-7" spring on the front of mine. It has very good damping and the car doesn't bottom out anymore like it did with the bilstein sports.
    demet

My Cars
    1994 540i M60B44 swap
    Quote Originally Posted by demetk View Post
    I use a KYB AGX adjustable shock (765016) together with 350lb-7" spring on the front of mine. It has very good damping and the car doesn't bottom out anymore like it did with the bilstein sports.
    How long have you been running those and what about the rears? how much did you shorten your strut tube? also what perches did you use? I happen have a set of 350 pound springs sitting in a cabinet.

My Cars
    e28, e34, e39
    I've been running my coilovers for 7 years now. Front strut was chopped 2 inches. I used a spacer on the bottom of the strut to get the shock to sit flush with the top of the strut. I used an e28 top mount. The perches and threaded tubes I got from A-1 Racing.

On the rears I used some Koni reds that I had lying around and modified them to fit the e34. Jcbe34 has info on his setup using a koni shock for a Corrado.
    demet

My Cars
    m5s
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan36 View Post
    You can try this company I plan on running a set myself. https://ceika-store.com/products/cct1m111
    Those have not been well received on m5board . . . probably ok for just getting stance and chilling in parking lots but probably better to spend a bit more for a known system.

My Cars
    1994 540i M60B44 swap
    Quote Originally Posted by de Witt View Post
    Those have not been well received on m5board . . . probably ok for just getting stance and chilling in parking lots but probably better to spend a bit more for a known system.
    I am most likely going to convert mine. I have seen it done on e28s with good results. not looking to stance my car at all would lower it maybe an inch at most in the front. Really looking to be able to tune it for going to open track days and as demetk mentioned the kyb agx , those are looking like what im going to use. between work and family finding time to do all the fab work is a little bit of a challenge but I should be able to get it done soon.