Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: BMW E39 best radio upgrade to date

My Cars
    2004 BMW E39 525i

BMW E39 best radio upgrade to date?

So I've read a lot about different kinds of E39 audio upgrades, especially radio upgrades but all the posts I've read were written in like 2008 etc, can't find any relevant new ones, maybe I'm just dumb. Right now I have Business CD radio in my 2004 BMW E39 525i Touring without any factory stuff, like the sound is plain no bass and unbearable with high volume. So I was wondering what's the best solutsion to date? Should I invest in intravee II and Alpine KCA-420i like said in a post from 2008 or maybe I should buy one of those Android mids that are available today, like Xtron, ***** or Seicane? I can upgrade to MK III and 16:9 also, I have all the stuff needed for that and I will if the intravee and Alpine combo is the best solution. Anyone have better solutions to offer?

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello and welcome to the forum! I think the best option is to see what is available specifically for your model. Crutchfield has an excellent configurator where you plug in your make/model and the populated results are only those that fit your specific model. It's really convenient. Take a look at the link below. Hope this helps!

https://www.crutchfield.com/car/cars...r%2fmycar.aspx
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2004 BMW E39 525i
    Do the aftermarket headunits provide the same kind of features as intravee etc? I mean like, can I configure my mirror unfolding, unlock/lock with lights etc. And with aftermarket units I'm kinda worried about fitting... I don't like the plastic frame around those little ones. :/ Thanks for the answer anyways, got a good overview of what I'm supposed to look for if I wanted a aftermarket unit. Is there like a update version of intravee that's like produced lately or I should just wait a bit and buy a newer car?

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Many very reasonably priced double DIN head units are available. While the intervee was a great idea, modern head units provide all the features. Alpine is great brand, and so are Sony and Pioneer. Look at the Dynavin also.