Thread: Ebay angle blocks - all not equal?

My Cars
    2001 BMW E46 M3

Ebay angle blocks - all not equal?

Brought some ebay angle blocks for my 36, but the relocated hole for the tierod is not tapered. This is a problem I suspect. Has anyone brought these cheap angle blocks? did your have a tapered hole for the tierod?

My Cars
    none
    They suck. The aluminum is too soft for the Ball joint taper and will wallow itself out and your ball joints will continually be loose. been there done that. Even with $200 angle blocks that are supposed to be the end all be all.. I was tightening my tie rods and control arms every drive. Stay away is my advice.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Expecting some kind of quality from ebay parts is where you went wrong. Just weld the nut to the top of the tie rod. You'll be fine.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    2001 BMW E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    Expecting some kind of quality from ebay parts is where you went wrong. Just weld the nut to the top of the tie rod. You'll be fine.
    Not expecting quality, just was wondering if all ebay block are like this without a taper.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    All the ones I've seen lack the taper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    2001 BMW E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by e30 394 View Post
    They suck. The aluminum is too soft for the Ball joint taper and will wallow itself out and your ball joints will continually be loose. been there done that. Even with $200 angle blocks that are supposed to be the end all be all.. I was tightening my tie rods and control arms every drive. Stay away is my advice.
    Cheers for the reply, its good know, a few guys on youtube rave about them, but they have only just installed them so prob haven't experienced the issues you have yet. lol

My Cars
    e91 320d e36 325 turbo
    How long has the adapters been avaliable on Ebay?
    A guy from Sweden has sold them since 2012 or 2013. The hole for the tie rod is tapered in his adapters. I think it is him who designed the adapter from the beginning.

Skickat från min Lenovo TB-7304F via Tapatalk

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    The nut stays put, the hole just gets bigger and bigger. v aggravating lol

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    2001 BMW E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by e30 394 View Post
    The nut stays put, the hole just gets bigger and bigger. v aggravating lol
    I have a 7deg reamer, so I have just reamed out the hole tierod hole so it no fits correctly, the only issue with doing this is you need to swap to an e46 tierod end as its bigger than the e36 one and fits the bigger hole once ive reamed it out. check my insta for a 1min video showing what I did @suxgas